Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sitting there waiting for the light to change and low and behold another bike pulls up next to me. Judging by the looks of things is was a Suzuki GSX-R (what size I don't know). I don't think I need to say anymore.. he had me beat.

In general what are some things you can do performance wise to increase power on the Versys. I'm trying to pick fact from fiction. I have heard for example slip-on exhausts don't actually increase power they are just for sound. So a whole new exhaust system? And juice boxes just seem too good (too easy fix) to be true.

Kawdawg and fasteddie seem to be the forum vets and the masters of knowledge.

In all honesty I know I don't need more power, but theoretically speaking if I am next to that bike again, whats going to help me win??

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
Sitting there waiting for the light to change and low and behold another bike pulls up next to me. Judging by the looks of things is was a Suzuki GSX-R (what size I don't know). I don't think I need to say anymore.. he had me beat.

In general what are some things you can do performance wise to increase power on the Versys. I'm trying to pick fact from fiction. I have heard for example slip-on exhausts don't actually increase power they are just for sound. So a whole new exhaust system? And juice boxes just seem too good (too easy fix) to be true.

In all honesty I know I don't need more power, but theoretically speaking if I am next to that bike again, whats going to help me win??

Theres nothing you could do to your Versys to win against a GSX-R. So the next time he pulls up next to you just nod and say nice bike.....

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was already contemplating adding some teeth to the rear sprocket. Nothing too drastic though I would prefer to keep 2 wheels on the ground

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
a bigger pair of balls..... >:)
but really , the versys is a touring bike not a crotch rocket.. if you wanna goo faster get its brother the ninja or a sex3sex..... i sometimes regret getting rid of mine :/

·
Super Moderator
19,152 Posts
...In general what are some things you can do performance wise to increase power on the Versys.

To answer the LAST question - nothing! Which begs the question - WHY do you want to race him on the street?

Now, to answer the FIRST - check out the flat-trackers, winning w/ Kawi PT engines, making 90 to 100 hp, 750cc (I believe), and ALL it'll co$t you are cubic $, AFTER you meet the right crew-chief.

And I think "invader" (forum vet) might have an answer for you.

·
Registered
756 Posts
After a few hard runs through the gears on mine I will say there probably isn't many bikes out there that are slower than the versys. Best bet is not to race anything and just enjoy the ride. There are certainly much better choices for stoplight wars

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Increasing power is certainly possible, but you'd also need a wheelie bar to lay it all to the ground... Then again, you could drop the chassis and slap on an extended swingarm to go with the turbocharger, or simply a complete engine swap.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts