Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this dual-plug disconnected underneath the right upper side cover, just below the front of the tank. All of my lights, idiot lights and gauges function normally and my V runs flawlessly. The only electrical add-on I have a a pair of PIAA lights that are connected directly to the battery and switched.

Any one have any idea what this dual-plug is for?:confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Isn't the diagnostic plug a gang plug +1 & under the seat?
Since we've shifted from contiuous snow to contiuous rain I haven't been able to commute properly.

·
Super Moderator
1,486 Posts
I found this dual-plug disconnected underneath the right upper side cover, just below the front of the tank. All of my lights, idiot lights and gauges function normally and my V runs flawlessly....

Any one have any idea what this dual-plug is for?:confused:

They are bullet connectors. And large female spade.

You sure it's on RHS near coolant tank?

It really looks like the spare wiring for factory 12v accessory on LHS.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
The black with yellow stripe are ground wires. The two females under that protective cover are 12v hot wires that are live when the bike is on. You can use them to power some low draw accessories like GPS, or use them to trigger a relay to power accessories that pull more amps than that wiring is rated for.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Looks like the power outlet pre-wiring, but that's on the left side of the bike, clutch lever side.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts