Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

161 - 165 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Purchased my leftover 2018 last year and really like the V..The remarks from members here about the ecu flash stoked my curiosity to the point where I removed the unit and sent it over to Shoodabeen. I can say that I am pleasantly surprised with the change. No longer am I lurching towards the bars at slow speeds due to the nasty engine braking. No longer am I lugging through town looking for the right gear. Riding on and off since the 70's but this V had me feeling like a beginner at times. The shifting is now super smooth, finding my gear pace is easier and the V now quickly accelerates faster to highway speeds. Only have a few hours on the flash but I think I can hear a slightly lower rumble to the stock exhaust also? Looking forward to setting sag and suspension to make this a truly versatile machine, now that the motor and gearing are happy......

·
Registered
512 Posts
Purchased my leftover 2018 last year and really like the V..The remarks from members here about the ecu flash stoked my curiosity to the point where I removed the unit and sent it over to Shoodabeen. I can say that I am pleasantly surprised with the change. No longer am I lurching towards the bars at slow speeds due to the nasty engine braking. No longer am I lugging through town looking for the right gear. Riding on and off since the 70's but this V had me feeling like a beginner at times. The shifting is now super smooth, finding my gear pace is easier and the V now quickly accelerates faster to highway speeds. Only have a few hours on the flash but I think I can hear a slightly lower rumble to the stock exhaust also? Looking forward to setting sag and suspension to make this a truly versatile machine, now that the motor and hearing are happy......
Yeah, there is definitely a sound difference with the flash installed; it also has more of a growl from the intake when you accelerate hard.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Agreed, the flash has made my ride much more smooth, and I do find myself having the check the gauges more often to be sure I am not over the speed limit. The low speed handling is much improved too. A++++

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have every intention to send my ECU for the flash when I get a chance. I do have a question that I didn’t see in the thread and I assumed maybe others would have it as well. The flash doesn’t use the input from the O2 sensors, so is there a certain altitude zone (or any other scenario like high humidity) this flash would have difficulty in? I’m no O2 sensor ECU wiz, but from what I understand is that the fuel mixture corrects for what the O2 sensor.
Please correct me if I am way off.
@Steve in Sunny Fl

161 - 165 of 165 Posts