Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
It is a good filter, but you can get them for less through your motorcycle dealer.

http://www.tobycreek.org/oil_filters/emgo.shtml

They're also available with Microglass 10 micron element (# 10-82232). Standard Emgo # 10-82230 has a 20 micron filter element.

"EMGO‘S MICROGLASS OIL FILTERS STOP ALMOST 100% OF THE HARMFUL PARTICLES INSIDE YOUR ENGINE! REGULAR FILTER MEDIA TRAPS PARTICLES OVER 20 MICRONS IN SIZE. OUR SYNTHETIC MICROGLASS MEDIA TRAPS PARTICLES OVER 10 MICRONS IN SIZE DEAD IN THEIR TRACKS! WHILE OFFERING SUPERIOR FILTRATION AND OIL FLOW. OUR DYNO TESTING HAS SHOWN A HORSEPOWER GAIN!"

http://www.emgo.com/catalogs/filter-mirror-2010.pdf

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EMGO-10-82232-OIL-FILTER-/390247444079?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5adc8f6e6f

·
Registered
330 Posts
I use Purolator Pure One. (It's what the guy in the above tests uses in his cars, BTW) They're available everywhere, usually for about $6, and my car and motorcycle use the same one...

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
Buy Once Buy Right.:D motosport.com has the best price

IMG_0120 by weljo2001, on Flickr

·
Registered
194 Posts
I like and use the K&N 303

·
Registered
18 Posts
I use Purolator Pure One. (It's what the guy in the above tests uses in his cars, BTW) They're available everywhere, usually for about $6, and my car and motorcycle use the same one...
Likewise. Available at just about every auto parts store in town. I think I paid around $8 for them.

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
I am with original Kawa filter. Only problem is Environment. each 4000Km i am throwing one in the trash :(. I use K&N for my car, might just switch to one of those washable ones. Maybe K&N....

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Been thinking of the reusable ones like what Weljo is using but darn that high shipping cost to ship Internationally. Like the idea of a heat sink to cool the oil and keeping the earth greener by reducing the land fill.

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
Been thinking of the reusable ones like what Weljo is using but darn that high shipping cost to ship Internationally. Like the idea of a heat sink to cool the oil and keeping the earth greener by reducing the land fill.
Stlee29 got one recently not sure what it cost to ship there.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Stlee29 got one recently not sure what it cost to ship there.
It cost him a bomb! I can hear his pocket goes 'kaboom!'

The cheapest I can find is from eBay but it still doesn't make financial sense. Just waiting for my friends to go to the US and get me one ;)

·
Registered
1,188 Posts

·
Registered
3,189 Posts

;)
Kaboom X3. Total cost for the PC Flow oil filter was SGD 186, RM 456 or USD$145. It was the shipping that was expensive. :thumbdown:

Anyway, I am happy with the filter. :thumb: Looks good, functional and the bike fast warms up faster. Kabooms sounds more to Vrooms now. :D

Thanks, Weljo for the website. Save me a couple $$$ there.
http://www.motosport.com/motorcycle/index.php?cc=SG

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
Kaboom X3. Total cost for the PC Flow oil filter was SGD 186, RM 456 or USD$145. It was the shipping that was expensive. :thumbdown:

Anyway, I am happy with the filter. :thumb: Looks good, functional and the bike fast warms up faster. Kabooms sounds more to Vrooms now. :D

Thanks, Weljo for the website. Save me a couple $$$ there.
http://www.motosport.com/motorcycle/index.php?cc=SG

Anytime glad you liked it.:yeahsmile:

·
Registered
720 Posts

The cheapest I can find is from eBay but it still doesn't make financial sense. Just waiting for my friends to go to the US and get me one ;)
wanna buy and split the shipping costs?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have been using Emgo filter for years in a number of bikes, I get them at DK for around $6. I have used both types the regular and Micro Glass. I understand the Micro Glass has better filter material ( It also says Horsepower in a box on them, I don't know how that is possible) but there is less of it. For the most part I use the regular kind and in all the years I have never had a problem with the filters, as to witch does a better job, I have no idea.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I use the Super-Tech ST7317 from Wal-Mart, the same one I've been using w/o problem for years on my 1st gen FZ1. It costs about $3 and best of all, it's made in America. Usually I pay extra for something made in America.

·
Super Moderator
19,119 Posts
I use the Super-Tech ST7317 from Wal-Mart, the same one I've been using w/o problem for years on my 1st gen FZ1. It costs about $3 and best of all, it's made in America. Usually I pay extra for something made in America.
X 2! :goodidea:

·
Registered
351 Posts
I got a Scott's oil filter from ? Well I don' t actually remember when I got it or why. I will use it next oil change if i don't have any nore regular filters laying around.Anyways It is reusable like the Motorsport one and has some good reviews. Not sure if anyone here has used it before but it is reusable. Here is the link

Scott's oil filter

1 - 19 of 19 Posts