Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched a couple discussions, but they were all old (2010) about Bluetooth ear buds. I don't want wires connecting me to the phone and before I buy a bluetooth set I was wondering if anyone had tried some out... will they fit in a helmet?? Are some bigger than others? What are you using?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have some BT in-ear buds but they're not satisfactory inside a helmet. In winter with a full balaclava they just about stay in place but uncomfortable for any period because of the constant pressure from helmet padding.

The more common solution, which I use, is a dedicated BT helmet set-up. Not fussed for inter bike comms, so simple chinese unit is more than sufficient for music and satnav directions. I paid for another pair speakers and mount, so I have two helmets set up and move the unit between them.

Feel free to pay for big name unit (Sena, Cardo etc) but if your intended use is simple then a £25 V6 unit will suffice.

Sent from my motorola one using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts

The earbuds above work well for me. I can wear them under my helmet and work the controller at my chin. They won't last forever; but they are cheap. Also, aptx HD matters to me. Your phone has to be compatible for lossless transmission. I wear a stretchy wrap over my ears to hear better sometimes. If you care, you can slow down and take a call with the microphone at your chin.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I wear my Samsung Galaxy Buds+ under my helmet. They are very similar to Apple buds in function, but whats great about them.is they don't stick out the ear at all. Also the shape of them is great. Put them in the ear, and rotate 90 degrees and it locks into the ear..

The only problem with this type of setup is turning them off. To turn them off, you tap the head of the bud. Unfortunately you can't do that with a full helmet on.

Reactions: Alvinator

·
Registered
182 Posts
Big fan of the Cardo Freecom 4+. Ear buds just get dislodged eventually and they block out too much road noise. Helmet BT + foam earplugs for the win.

·
Registered
192 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts