Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to purchase tires for my v650 gen2, I'm from El Salvador and there are not too many options down here and I found one that fits, the Dunlops Arrowmax gt 601 the problem is that the speed rating is 58V, do you think this can cause an issue ? They run for $140 a set in comparisson with the Pilot 2's that the set goes for $300 more than double of the dunlops. Anyone have tried this before ?
Thanks.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'm looking to purchase tires for my v650 gen2, I'm from El Salvador and there are not too many options down here and I found one that fits, the Dunlops Arrowmax gt 601 the problem is that the speed rating is 58V, do you think this can cause an issue ? They run for $140 a set in comparisson with the Pilot 2's that the set goes for $300 more than double of the dunlops. Anyone have tried this before ?
Thanks.
i just this thread. the dunlops are some much less expensive because they are bias ply tires and not radials. i'm not sure what the roads/riding conditions are in el salvador but if they are not great and speeds are lower then run a set of dunlops and see how they work. if they suck then wear them out and try again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts