Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought you guys might appreciate this... While leaving a gas station today, I saw a guy on a GSXR pulling out of a parking lot. His idea of protective gear was a pair of sunglasses and a full length trench coat (I'm sure he looked awesome in motion).
:badidea:
Just as I was shaking my head at the accident waiting to happen, he revved his engine to beat hell and took off, immediately catching his coat in the rear sprocket , which dragged him off the bike. Luckily for him, it was very low speed and there was someone kind enough to rush over to cut his coat out of the chain. I nearly fell down from laughing so hard. Another casualty of fashion over function!

·
Registered
4,602 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
I just came back from Biketoberfest and I did not see anything to top that, but I did see a barefoot rider, sandal foot rider, one guy back his bike up into his buddy's Ultra and another run into a Metal Building trying to make a corner. Oh yea, way too many wheelie kings in the middle of heavy traffic.
Living in Florida, I usually enjoy going over and watching all the crazy stuff but things are getting out of control over the last few years.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Where I live,80% of the motorcyclist's gear are sunglasses,t-shirt,shorts and most of the time sandals,all of them drive gsxr/r1/ninja/cbr and all of them revving all the time

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I see stupid people every day but before I decide how stupid they are I try to find a logical reason for what they do.
The guy with the trenchcoat and glasses, my first thought was Halloween. While there's no excuse for riding in that contraption, maybe he did have a valid reason to be in that contraption, maybe he was on his way to a halloween party.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I see stupid people every day but before I decide how stupid they are I try to find a logical reason for what they do.
The guy with the trenchcoat and glasses, my first thought was Halloween. While there's no excuse for riding in that contraption, maybe he did have a valid reason to be in that contraption, maybe he was on his way to a halloween party.
I think the reason was, because he's stupid. :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
It is admirable that you have faith in your fellow human being. However, putting the stupid coat in a bag and bungie cording it to the back would make more sense than risking death.

·
Super Moderator
19,023 Posts
It is admirable that you have faith in your fellow human being. However, putting the stupid coat in a bag and bungie cording it to the back would make more sense than risking death.
AGREED, but that works ONLY if you have an idea that wearing it would be hazardous....

There's a traffic camera "U-tube" out there where a guy on a cruiser, coming towards the camera, suddenly gets "spit" off it as his chaps got caught in the belt-drive.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Wow! Where do you live? Of the states I have ridden in thus far cruisers have outnumbered other bikes 50 to 1.
In Macedonia...where you might not have enough money to eat but you will find some to buy a sportsbike and be a hotshot :D
And being a hotshot doesn't involve wearing a helmet cause that way no one would see who is the driver :D

·
Registered
718 Posts
AGREED, but that works ONLY if you have an idea that wearing it would be hazardous....

There's a traffic camera "U-tube" out there where a guy on a cruiser, coming towards the camera, suddenly gets "spit" off it as his chaps got caught in the belt-drive.
Fasteddie,
Not that it matters, but watching that video over a few times, it looks like maybe his rear tire blew just before he lost control.

·
Super Moderator
19,023 Posts
Fasteddie,
Not that it matters, but watching that video over a few times, it looks like maybe his rear tire blew just before he lost control.
Could be - but when I first saw it, the claim was that his chaps got caught....

GLAD it wasn't ME!

:eek:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts