Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Wow, that is one of the coolest mods I have seen lately. Really, the whole bike really looks clean and sharp. Nice job!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks. You probably can't see it well but if you look closely in the second shot you can see that since i had my color matched paint going i went and painted the tip tail.

When my hugger comes in later this week it will get the red paint as well.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Looks really cool, any one good at photo shop? Can they do that pic in a burnt orange as could be interested in putting crash bars on and painting same colour as my bike.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
stagehand38 - Asked about my tale chop so this is a shot from the back.

I like free so instead of the fender eliminator kit i just relocate the plate.

The plate is mounted to a strip of metal. Just un-bolt the plate and then un-bolt the metal frame. Move the frame up directly under the tail light and re-mount it.

Chop the tail just under the turn signals and clean up the edge with sandpaper. Once you re-attach the plate it will hide the edge as well.

This removes the plate light but if your state requires that you can use one of those license plate "bolt lights".

·
Registered
281 Posts
I like it a lot. Did you use a paint code to match the color? Where did you have it done?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did most of it with Volvo Passon Red rattle cans from ebay. The crucial trick is to use a very bright white primer and / or base paint. Then just enough red to cover. Too much red and it starts going dark. I did the cowlings and the tank is original so you can see it is a good match. I did get one can from ColorRight but they are very expensive.

I'm waiting for it to cure a bit before i polish it out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-10-VOLVO-612-PASSION-RED-TOUCH-UP-SPRAY-CAN-/250768726910?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a62fb1b7e#ht_500wt_828

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
ATYC is right, back in 2008 someone had painted the subframe red and it looked awesome. Yours is very nice as well as is but might be interesting to see....

I found a picture of that one from 2008:

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
stagehand38 - Asked about my tale chop so this is a shot from the back.

I like free so instead of the fender eliminator kit i just relocate the plate.

The plate is mounted to a strip of metal. Just un-bolt the plate and then un-bolt the metal frame. Move the frame up directly under the tail light and re-mount it.

Chop the tail just under the turn signals and clean up the edge with sandpaper. Once you re-attach the plate it will hide the edge as well.

This removes the plate light but if your state requires that you can use one of those license plate "bolt lights".
Thanks for sharing.....:D
:cheers:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
A couple of weeks ago i got a used Two Brothers pipe from a membor. Had a few scratches on it so i sanded it down and painted it.

I did the body a smoked combo of red-black-silver. The tip red of course. :)

And now no more sowing machine sound. With the db killer, it's not too loud at all, just right.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts