Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What tires are these ?
Who made them and what sizes are available ?
Thinking of having them on the V and raise the front mudguard.
walking-dead-bike.jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
I really like Continental's Motorcycle tires. I have never owned any of their dual purpose tires, but I had the road attack on my previous bike ('08 Yamaha FZ-6) and really like them. I will definitely look into another set when the Pirellis my Versys came with wear out.

Check out some of their off-road/dual purpose tires...

https://www.conti-online.com/www/motorcycle_de_en/themes/motorcycletires/enduro/tkc_80_en.html

https://www.conti-online.com/www/motorcycle_de_en/themes/motorcycletires/enduro/trailattack_2_en.html

·
Super Moderator
19,587 Posts
Metzler Tourance in 130/80 and 150/70

I took a few pics of my Tourance tires while changing my stator. Here's the front 130/80 x 17 which has 27,672 kms (17,157 miles), and between .135 and .17" of tread in the center, compared w/ .325" when NEW.

Here's the rear 150/70 x 17 which has 12,817 kms (7,947 miles), and between .1 and .12" tread in the center, again compared w/ .325" new.

Works for ME.

And here are the TKC80 120/70 x 17

and Kenda BIG BLOCK 150/70 x 17

after 6,289 miles (10,188 kms) in AZ last winter, including SOME "dirt" w/ jdrocks.

·
Super Moderator
19,587 Posts
Eduardo, that's a Tourance on the back of the old red moto. the photo is from your non-snowbird territory, aka "the Hill" near Bella Coola.
NOPE! That's the GREEN HORNET - you can tell by the lawn-mower to the right of the tire. Here're the Tourances I took OFF BIG RED the day before you got to my place:

and here's BIG RED 'wearing' them when they were new...

PRETTY sure you'll recognize the street....:D

Are you coming by to check out the BC 'digs' enroute to D2D 2015...?

·
Super Moderator
19,587 Posts
"Je m'excuse..."!

I THOUGHT you were referring to MY red V, so I didn't 'get' the reference to the "Hill", which I've been down (and UP...:rolleyes:...) a FEW times.

Put it down to "old age"....:stickpoke:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts