Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On ADV Rider Forum I saw this post of MARGUYO 's Versys with a DRZ front fork conversion and 18-21 inch wheels...very cool idea and maybe not too costly if e-bay or a used set was found...however...would the wheels be strong enough to handle the power and 450 lbs. ??? maybe for fun,trail riding and not too knarly stuff...this looks like a really fun project...:goodidea:

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts
Looks interesting, even more so since I have an extra set of forks and wheels sitting in my garage. However as long as I have my DRZ I don't have any reason to do it. I would much rather do the 19" DL1000 wheels conversion as it suits the character of the bike much better IMO.

·
Registered
774 Posts
For the amount people spend on these conversions they could buy a decent dual sport. I learned a while ago that you really need 3 bikes. Pure dirt, dual sport, street bike. There will never be a good do all bike.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Very cool looking, but half the front brakes are gone, which you may be looking for if you're also doing good speeds on the street.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hybrid bikes...

For the amount people spend on these conversions they could but a decent dual sport. I learned a while ago that you really need 3 bikes. Pure dirt, dual sport, street bike. There will never be a good do all bike.
Yeah but sometimes reverse engineering bikes just to change the personality or make a mutant bike...like a supermoto...:guilty:

Attachments

·
Registered
764 Posts
i have the option to buy a complete drz 450 front end (wheel, forks, brakes, etc) for $350.

I am trying to decide if I will be able to upgrade the brakes enough to make it comparable to the current OEM system on my versys.

also, cost is a factor.

thoughts?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts