Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know if it is the same front brake lever to all V:s (gen 1 & 2)?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Aftermarkets, appear to be the same fitment from 09-13+ if that helps. Not sure about the 08's, I know they had a different brake resevoir.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine is a gen 2. As I understand you guys, I can get any aftermarket (I want one that looks OEM) as long as it doesn't say 2008 in the description...
Thank you!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I can tell you for sure that 2008 and 2009 have different brake levers (08will not fit 09) I checked.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Found a lever on eBay in Germany at a reasonable price that said it will fit 2010-2012.

This was not so bad. Second time in my life (I am 59) that I forgot to unlock the front disc lock before (trying to) taking off..... :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
No damage except for the lever and a small scratch on the silvery radiator side cover and some pain in the back after raising the bike up...

Once again: Thanks for the help given to me here!

·
Super Moderator
19,774 Posts
Anybody know if it is the same front brake lever to all V:s (gen 1 & 2)?
Others have answered this. Up to '08, and '09 and on.

...Second time in my life (I am 59) that I forgot to unlock the front disc lock before (trying to) taking off..... :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
No damage except for the lever and a small scratch on the silvery radiator side cover and some pain in the back after raising the bike up....
I have my disc-lock in a little case (bag?), so when I put the lock ON, I then put my keys into the case, and into my pocket. That way, I can't get my keys W/OUT being reminded that the disc-lock is ON....

(I TOO have had to pick up a bike - a Bandit 1200S - after it went mere inches, then DOWN!)

·
Registered
237 Posts
I always wondered if bike locks caused more damage than they prevented.
I too, took off once with the front disk lock on. It was a Honda Magna Deluxe. If I was solo I think I would have held it, but the weight of the passenger pulled me right over. Warped my front brake rotor too.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Others have answered this. Up to '08, and '09 and on.
I have my disc-lock in a little case (bag?), so when I put the lock ON, I then put my keys into the case, and into my pocket. That way, I can't get my keys W/OUT being reminded that the disc-lock is ON....
(I TOO have had to pick up a bike - a Bandit 1200S - after it went mere inches, then DOWN!)
I have been thinking of getting this kind of wire that you attach to the lock and the steering bar to warn you that the bike is locked, but your idea seems better. Thanks again!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts