Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Moderate incline, gravel, trying to turn around....dropped my V. Thanks to my ghetto $30 used Firstgear bags and some luck, this was all the damage done (and a minor scratch to the end of my shift lever, not even the bar end!). I stepped away and managed to clear the bike before it hit.

Sigh.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
You are now in the club. I dropped mine the first week I had it pulling into a parking space too fast. Just a few scratches on the bar end.

·
Registered
3 Posts
They say there are two kinds of riders: those who have dropped their bikes, an those who are going to.

I haven't dropped the Versys yet.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Sorry about the drop.. glad it's minor and you aren't hurt. (Also, what is that bulge to the right of the radiator plastic?)

They say there are two kinds of riders: those who have dropped their bikes, an those who are going to.

I haven't dropped the Versys yet.
Dang It!!

Time for me to get crashbars... :goodidea:

·
Registered
779 Posts
Dang! I do feel for ya.

·
Registered
254 Posts
(Also, what is that bulge to the right of the radiator plastic?)
It's the emissions canister for the California model. I can't believe Cali's the only one that has it. Makes for a little extra work getting crash bars on there, but I hear it's not too bad. Crash bars are next for my V.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Moderate incline, gravel, trying to turn around....dropped...
"Been there done that" :(

I have also dropped a bike at 50+mph and at less than 20 mph both times with a top box on and the box saved the bike from major scratches.

There is a factory engine protector I have only see one side sadly the opposite of your scratches.

Just curious when you were turning on the incline were you going uphill? Actually this is a rhetorical question because the answer is probably yes.

I was told always turn going down hill. So if the bike is pointing uphill one should back down the hill while turning. Reason. If you turn going uphill the ground drops away where you foot wants to be and unless one has very long legs, one runs out of leg and....... if you back into the hill the ground rises to meet one's foot and even then it is not easy.

Safest way is not to turn on a slope at all. But in some cases it cannot be avoided.

In the antique furniture world what you now have is called patina.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts