Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading several reviews on the Versys, and noticed in the photos that the valve cover seems almost entirely boxed in by the frame.

Do you have to drop the motor to do a routine valve check or adjustment?

thanks,

Marty

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
No... You only need to remove fuel tank, air cleaner housing, air suction valve, stick coils, throttle cables, inlet pressure sensor hose and baffle plate to have full access to the valve cover.

·
Registered
46 Posts
No... You only need to remove fuel tank, air cleaner housing, air suction valve, stick coils, throttle cables, inlet pressure sensor hose and baffle plate to have full access to the valve cover.
That sounds so simple. lol

What is the interval for adjustment?

·
Registered
46 Posts
It's in the service manual, but nobody really knows why. Some USA owners actually have 24000 (15000 miles) specified in their owner's manual. Some have found valves out of adjustment by 24000 Kms; http://www.ninja650.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=9260&highlight=valve+interval
http://www.ninja650.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=9260&highlight=valve+interval

I'll just check mine at 1000 Kms, then at every 12000 Kms/2 years, just for the hell of it...
12000kms or every 2 years. You need to get on that machine and ride. 6k a year just doesn't cut it.

Have a great summer.

·
Registered
41 Posts
This is an old thread, but you guys might be interested to know the mechanic at my Kawi dealer says, so far, the inspections they've done have indicated no nead for adjustment. This is a truly great little motor. Put really good synthetic oil in it and go, baby.

·
Registered
813 Posts
This is an old thread, but you guys might be interested to know the mechanic at my Kawi dealer says, so far, the inspections they've done have indicated no nead for adjustment. This is a truly great little motor. Put really good synthetic oil in it and go, baby.
That's good to know!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts