Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I put in a Putco LED inplace of the w5w (194) bulb. Its a 360 degree bulb but I wonder if it wouldnt be better to have a 120 degree bulb. I didnt think about the fact there isnt really a reflector behind the bulb, per say.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The pic doesnt do it justice. It is brighter. Its a 9 LED light. I have some 13 LED's on the way due to a screw up with the first place I ordered from.

I may also try to 120 degree lights to see.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Nice! Link to source please!

·
Registered
665 Posts
Cool! Thanks Opie!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No problem. I cant lay claim to the idea. But the pictures in the thread I found had been deleted. So I wanted to get one up for comparison sake.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I got lucky today and got 2 of the directional/with-lens LEDs for 2,5euro.

Obviously, they don't spill the light so they are more useful.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Those are sure brighter than stock.

Opie,

Shouldn't the braided brake hoses be between the front forks? It just doesn't look right. Thanks.
Ideally, yes. But the orientation of the fittings on either end make it difficult to route it on the other side. Now that it's been on there maybe it's relaxed and I can move it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Burned out?
No, some of the actual LED's are missing. They were attached when I installed them. But now they are gone and I cant find them. They are both missing the forward firing LED and 1 is missing 2 side LED's.

Ive installed some new ones... 1.5 watt single led. Its the one on the left...

This one has the single LED on the left and on the right is a single LED with a lens... Both are 1.5 watts. The lens LED is noticeably bluer in real life.

·
Registered
17 Posts
What is that farkle to the right of your bike? I can't figure out if it is a West Virginia left-handed side car or a Kentucky kick stand. Oops, nevermind, it is a tricycle. (yes, I used to live in Ohio, can ya tell?)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts