Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for LED lights to mount on my 08'. I want to mount them on the fork tubes between the fender and the headlight (maybe). Any other suggestions for a economical system and maybe mounting location would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Mine are mounted where the fender is attached to the fork, below the spot where the amber reflector mounts. You'll need some kind of spacer depending on what kind of lights you get and the bracket you have. I took the fender mounting bolt to the hardware store and found a stainless steel Allen bolt with the same thread that's long enough to go through the driving light's mounting bracket and engage the threads in the fork. The bolt is actually a bit longer so it comes through on the inside a couple threads. I put a lock nut on that end as an extra bit of security so the light bracket doesn't go anywhere.

Try searching "driving light mounts" on the forum...lots of posts on the topic.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I left my micros with the spot lenses in & use them in addition to the stock headlight. On the interstate the reflectors shine as far as I can see.

·
Registered
196 Posts
So far these are working fine.

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/cree-led-motorcycle

The ones for $48 for two, 10 watt cree. Not the best looking but kind of a cool look for the Versys. Under $50 and they are pretty bright. Used PIAA mounts on my engine guards. Btw, my high beam is a 50 watt HID from DDM if I really need to light it up.

Using a Sylvania SilverStar ZXE for the main bulb.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts