Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After quite a bit of looking for lights I decided on the Denali D2's because of their small size, dual intensity, and they are BRIGHT! The only problem with them is the cost of about $380. This was a big enough of a problem that went without for nearly a year. I know that there are lots of lights out there for way cheaper but 'the heart wants what the heart wants' and who was I to argue. Fortunately these came available on fleabay. After the seller gave the history on the lights it eased my conscience about buying used electronics enough to fork over only $180. Now I was in business. I've had these on for a couple of months now and I really like them. Added daytime safety and now I can see at night.

There are a couple of things to note that the pics don't show...
- I chose the lower faring brackets to mount the lights to but the faring brackets are not symmetrical on the bike. Because of this the mounting feet for the light brackets have to be at different angles.
- Each faring bracket has two factory holes in it, one about 11mm, the other 6mm. On the light bracket the bent rod extends thru the mounting foot and into the 11mm hole. This keeps the light bracket secure from movement and needing only one 6mm mounting bolt.
- The ONLY modification I had to make to the bike was slightly grind the lower faring lip to make clearance for the light bracket. This can be seen in the pic labeled 'Final mock up'.

Hope you enjoy. Here's the pics...

Attachments

Reactions: quexpress

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
I have same model bike. Used the denali mounts I bought from a member on this site (don't have the talent to build my own) but for lights I used motorcycle brandless LED aux lights purchased on AliExpress for $90/pr. They are 4200 lumens each which is plenty darn bright. The OEM high beam is superfluous with these they provide so much illumination. They look similar to the denali lights and have similar construction and performance but cost much less. Very happy with the quality. One thing I found from reading up on the subject is narrow beam spots are preferable to a wide beam, flood pattern, as you get distance of illumination with the narrow beam.

·
Super Moderator
19,458 Posts
I bought a set of those lights (DENALI DMs) c/w mounting kit (SW-Motech) from an inmate, but haven't mounted them yet.

I LIKE what you 'fabbed' up...!

·
Registered
26 Posts
What are you guys tapping into for the high and low beams on these lights? Looking at installing a set of Denalis next month.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts