Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit a few of my to-do list today on my 10K mile 08 with 2Bros Exhaust.

Took the tank off and

1. Cleaned the air filter - it was dirrrrrty.
2. Pulled plugs to replace, but they looked good so put them back. They were NGK (identical to what I'd bought). Are the NGK original equipment?
3. Added a voltmeter and 12V power outlet - ran the voltmeter from the side lights and the aux power direct from the battery - have lots of power outage where I live, so want to be able to charge my cellphone during outages.
4. Connected throttle bodies with vacuum hose and t'd into whatever that other thing is.
5. Blocked the pair valve.
6. Did not adjust the TPS as I didn't have a star screwdriver.

I know 4 & 5 get mixed reviews, but with the 2Bros exhaust, I was getting a lot of popping & backfiring going down hill - again, where I live, if I'm not going up hill, I'm either going down hill or round a bend.

I am not an expert (nor did I sleep at a holiday inn last night), but I feel that popping and backfiring is considerably reduced and concerning the throttle bodies, it did seem that the response was smoother, compared to an on/off feel at lower rpm.

Then again, I might just have been drinking the high octane koolaid.

I should receive the new back tire (Michelin PR4 mid week) so next weekend I'll tackle that, then hopefully I'm done. Having some buyers regret on the PR4, think I should have gone with the Aankee instead, we shall see I suppose.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
2- NGK Laser Iridium CR9EIA-9 are the original spark plugs... At 10k miles, the ground electrodes would already be slightly worn down and rounded, increasing the gap.

4- DO NOT 'T' to your IAP (inlet air pressure) sensor hose! Leave IAP sensor hose on its left outer fitting. Join both throttle bodies' vacuum fitting with a single 6" long, 5/32" ID vacuum hose.

6- Torx T25 tool required to adjust main throttle sensor.

·
Premium Member
16,153 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
4- DO NOT 'T' to your IAP (inlet air pressure) sensor hose! Leave IAP sensor hose on its left outer fitting. Join both throttle bodies' vacuum fitting with a single 6" long, 5/32" ID vacuum hose.
Huh!, had read articles describing as you say and as I have done - all together using 2 "T's" (not to mention, many saying "leave it the heck alone")

I sense that I have a smoother throttle, but I only have 500 miles on this bike, so may also be getting more used to it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts