Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
"IF" the forecast is right we will take a direct hit on OBX. We have a long standing rule, Cat 2 we hunker down, Cat 3 we leave. Looks like a Cat 2 or maybe less so we stay because it may take 2 weeks to get back on the island if the road is cut. With Irene we had 5 feet of water in the yard but the house is up almost 6 feet, still had minor damage so we need to be here. All the tourists have left so things are nice and quiet for a change.
Life in paradise.......
sorry wrong forum

·
Registered
172 Posts
Wrong forum or not, thoughts are with you. My family owns property at Kure Beach, and this could be the second direct hit there in as many years - Florence was just a Cat 1 by landfall last year, but as you know it stalled and did considerable damage to the entire region and killed dozens. Stay safe.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Stay safe 'Bum! I love the OBX. We have plenty of beaches up here but they have so many damn rules. We've stayed in Avon a few times, but more often we stay in Hatteras Village.

·
Premium Member
7,782 Posts
The thread has been re-directed to Off Tropic Discussion and thanks for the heads up on the weather. Be safe.

·
Premium Member
9,061 Posts
The thread has been re-directed to Off Tropic Discussion and thanks for the heads up on the weather. Be safe.
:funnypost:

I know it wasn't intentional but I got a :laugh: I can only speak one language so I know at times there are spelling and grammar issues. And thanks for moving it :thanx:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hatteras Island power restored late Saturday, limited access. Ocracoke is a disaster. We are safe but I have to say this is the strongest cat 1 I have seen. Water came in from dry to 5 feet in about 15 minutes. Rethinking my exit strategy, more after we dig out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts