Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that the load limit on my 2012 is 10 kilo, 22 pounds total...very low BUT the bike is both tall and has a shortish wheel base. I of course being a Good Boy would NEVER think of over loading it...more than I already have coming back from the grocery store. I had no problems at all but I took it slow and easy and wasn't much if any over. The V35 look nice but are rather small and due to their shape won't carry a whole lot.

I have seen what happens when a bike is heavily over loaded and it's NOT pretty at all. A mid speed wobble followed by a nasty crash that sent the ride and passanger to the hospital, all within a couple of miles of home. Happened today I saw after it happened and they were being load in the squad. They had more junk pack in and tied to the bike than I have ever seen. That bike looked to be a total loss to me.

Pack carefully and make sure everything is tight.

·
Super Moderator
19,002 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Even when I went to Alaska on a 31 day trip, camping, I'll bet my load was never more than 100 pounds.
I am all for being prepared. I normally take much more stuff with me than I will ever need, but I still get shocked at some of the pictures I see of loaded bikes heading out for overnight trips. Seems to me that many people load for what they want to do as opposed to what they can realistically do.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I noticed that the load limit on my 2012 is 10 kilo, 22 pounds total...very low BUT the bike is both tall and has a shortish wheel base. I of course being a Good Boy would NEVER think of over loading it...more than I already have coming back from the grocery store. I had no problems at all but I took it slow and easy and wasn't much if any over. The V35 look nice but are rather small and due to their shape won't carry a whole lot.

I have seen what happens when a bike is heavily over loaded and it's NOT pretty at all. A mid speed wobble followed by a nasty crash that sent the ride and passanger to the hospital, all within a couple of miles of home. Happened today I saw after it happened and they were being load in the squad. They had more junk pack in and tied to the bike than I have ever seen. That bike looked to be a total loss to me.

Are you sure you aren't using a scale model of the bike?

·
Registered
770 Posts

I don't think that figure is right since you can carry a passenger. I've carried 100lbs of luggage (top box and saddle bags) with no issues although it does require more effort to get off the kick stand.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Hmm, in next couple of days going to load up bike in prep for bike ride next weekend and going to take a small chair which will be tied to rack on top of top box plus tent, side panniers will be loaded with gear as well to ride in potential ice/snow conditions. Will take a photo before I go.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK so I read it wrong. it the Givis that state 5 kilos eash. I don't know if it the boxes themselves to the SW Motech break-a-way brackets.

BUT I hope no one here is THIS nutz!

Need a liile extra gas for that trip?

Just my new fridge is all

Spare tires anyone?

AND MY ALL TIME FAVORITE

Look! I'm a Moving Van!​

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Visit south east asia and you will see and you can see mum/dad and 4 kids on one scooter in busy city traffic.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts