Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 6' and a common complaint on the versys is the cramped leg room for taller riders.

Just placing an order now for the peg lowering kit from motowerk as well as the mirror extenders.

Now what else to buy.....

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
I'm 6' and a common complaint on the versys is the cramped leg room for taller riders.

Just placing an order now for the peg lowering kit from motowerk as well as the mirror extenders.

Now what else to buy.....
1) SW-Motech crash bars. They will pay for themselves the first time you drop your tall Versys on it's side which is going to happen soon or latter.

2) SW-Motech aluminum rear rack and Givi or Shad top box or larger tank bag

3) Givi touring windshield

4) Good quality rear pit stand, cheap ones bend

·
Super Moderator
16,057 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like you're pretty close to where I"m picking up the bike this Saturday.

Bought it off of a dealer up in Renfrew.

It comes with the Givi v35 bags and Givi crash bars. Not sure how they compare to the SW-Motech (what I had on my strom) but we'll see.

I don't really do any off-roading so my list of farkles at this point that I think I'm going to get are:

- Peg lowering kit
- Mirror Extenders
- Bags (already on bike)
- Crash bars (already on bike)
- MRA Touring Screen with x-creen attachment (hearing good things about this)
- Hand guards (barkbusters probably?)
- Some black rivco highway pegs to attach to crash bars

Think that's about it for this year anyway......

I don't do any off roading really so not thinking of getting a skid plate.

Next summer I'll probably look into the Givi rear rack and topcase but for now I'll just stick with the v35 side bags.

Darryl

1) SW-Motech crash bars. They will pay for themselves the first time you drop your tall Versys on it's side which is going to happen soon or latter.

2) SW-Motech aluminum rear rack and Givi or Shad top box or larger tank bag

3) Givi touring windshield

4) Good quality rear pit stand, cheap ones bend

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Suggest looking at the Aprilia Tunono mirrors instead of mirror extenders. They are $30/pair on ebay and extend out about the same amount your regular mirrors with mirror extenders added. They also IMO look better and don't rust like the mirror extenders.

Ebay item 251027936925

A Vicious Cycle is the Twisted Throttle supplier in Canada and probably the best source for Versys accessories.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Riding gear isn't an issue.

The versys is my newest steed but far from my first (if I had to guess closer to my 20th).

I've been riding since I was 16 (25 years now) and have owned everything from one of the original 85 gsxr 750's to fj1200's and everything in between.

I've got jackets / helmets / gloves / etc all over the house lol.

Darryl

:welcome: Get all your riding gear first! : Second is the weapons you are going to CCW! :thumb:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the mirror tip.

I'm actually located about 20 minutes from a vicious cycle and have ordered my share of stuff from them for the v-strom. They're in a little town called New Dundee about 20 minutes down the backroads from Cambridge where I am.

Darryl

Suggest looking at the Aprilia Tunono mirrors instead of mirror extenders. They are $30/pair on ebay and extend out about the same amount your regular mirrors with mirror extenders added. They also IMO look better and don't rust like the mirror extenders.

Ebay item 251027936925

A Vicious Cycle is the Twisted Throttle supplier in Canada and probably the best source for Versys accessories.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm assuming those mirrors are bolt on replacements?

The price is reasonable considering I would pay more than that for just the extenders.

Darryl

Ebay item 251027936925

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
I'm assuming those mirrors are bolt on replacements?

The price is reasonable considering I would pay more than that for just the extenders.

Darryl
Yes, they are 10mm thread as are the stock mirrors. I believe all handle bar mounted mirrors regardless of brand use the 10mm size with the same thread spacing. I had mirror extenders I bought off of Ebay that rusted. Replaced them with these mirrors. There are a couple of threads wrt the Aprilia mirrors on this site on this site with pictures. Forgot to mention Ebay is a good place to buy rear spools for your swing arm cheap - it's already threaded for them. Since there is no kick stand using these with a pit stand makes for easy chain maintenance and rear wheel work.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Riding gear isn't an issue.

The versys is my newest steed but far from my first (if I had to guess closer to my 20th).

I've been riding since I was 16 (25 years now) and have owned everything from one of the original 85 gsxr 750's to fj1200's and everything in between.

I've got jackets / helmets / gloves / etc all over the house lol.

Darryl
:thumb: And I quess weapons only if you comfortable with them. There is a few of us that carry. :usa:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts