Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This appears to be the first question of its kind on the Forum and it is perhaps a foolish one.
I'm considering getting a dog and I would love to get one that would fit in a knapsack and ride happily and quietly tucked away.
Does anyone have any experiences or words of advice that they can share? Any suggestions for small, not high strung breeds that might be work out?

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I have a friend whose Chihuahua rides (and enjoys it) in a forward facing harness.

I've seen a Harley in my neck of the woods with a small terrier type dog riding quite happily in a wire kennel secured to the luggage rack.

These two dogs seemed quite content and were secured about as well as could be expected on a bike.

I remember many years ago driving on the Mass Turnpike, heading up to Maine to sail, and my buddy and I passed a parade of Harleys including one with a Labrador retriever sitting in front of the rider and slumped on a sheepskin over the tank. He looked happy as could be. (Thanks, but I'll keep my Labs in the pickup.)

·
Registered
624 Posts
I have a buddy with a yellow lab that goes everywhere with him. I will have to dig up a picture for you. Goggles and all!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It looks like an Airstream for dogs. Too bad they're closing shop...it looks like a nicely designed product. But thanks for the link; it's letting me see the possibilities.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Carbo, I believe it was ADV.com that I ran across a picture of a setup that I've wanted to try. I have a Jack Russell and she'd commute with me no prob.

This fella basically mounted a standard (small dog) carrier to a trunk rack and cut a hole in the top of the carrier for the pup to poke it's head out and look around. In front of the hole he mounted an open faced helmet face shield upside down as a windscreen. It was homegrown and perfect. That airstream looking thing above is a bit over the top.

·
Registered
577 Posts
There's a woman on another forum I peruse who carries her 12-ish lb. dog with her in a messenger bag-like carrier, with one end having a mesh screen for the pup to peer out of. The dog seems to love it. Wish I could get my std. poodle on the bike!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts