Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just changed the spark plugs. I now notice a clicking/ticking/arcing sound coming from the ignition coil area. This could have been there before, but I am not sure. Any ideas?

The noise sounds kind of like a light clicking, very much like some sounds those electric bug zapper lights make. The clicking noise is not in sync with the firing of the coils/plugs that I can tell. I can't hear it at all when giving throttle.

I even took the air box back off, took the coils off again and applied some dielectric grease. Still have the noise.

The bike runs fine otherwise. I just rode it around.

Is this noise normal/does yours do it?. I very well could have had it before, just didn't notice.

11,500 miles & used same model plugs (old ones looked almost new!!!)

I also went ahead and changed the air filter. After reinstalling the coils the second time, I changed the oil and oil filter too(just fyi).

Plugs were tourqued to about 12.5 ft-lbs, cause that's as close as I could get with my 0-75 ft-lb torque wrench. I also applied a tad of High-Temp Anti-Seize compound to the threads of the plugs, and was very careful not to get any on the electrode ends. I can't think of anything else to say. Please help:)

TIA, Jeremy

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
You might be hearing your injectors. A light valve ticking would be more audible on a warmed up engine. Both normal noises... Try holding a hose to your hear, with the other end touching an injector or other component to pinpoint your specific noise source if you can.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good idea, thanks invader.

Indeed, it's my injectors.

Thanks a million, the tube works great! Beer on me if your ever in Houston.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts