Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been concerned about a drivetrain noise, a periodic "clicking" noise my bike is making at slow speeds while in gear. Noise goes away if clutch is pulled in and bike is coasting. Clicking is periodic, sounds to be related to forward speed. Not sure if it goes away completely at high speed, or I just can't hear it then...

This is a short vid of my bike running in first gear at high idle: VID_20200716_112834319.mp4

Bike is off the ground, so rear suspension is fully uncompressed and chain slack at minimum. Chain was just cleaned and lubed and appears to be in good condition.

With the bike lifted, I can spin the rear wheel in neutral and nothing feels out of sort.

2015 Versys 650 LT with about 17k miles on it.

Thanks for looking!

-dm

·
Super Moderator
19,168 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
My 2018 V650 make same sound when they are on rear paddock stand and in first gear, in second even more clicking.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
It may be the little plastic chain guide doohicky on top of the swing arm. When the upper span of the chain is slack it can contact that guide, which would be under deceleration while riding or when spinning the rear wheel on a track stand.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts