Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Below are some of my riding patterns. Not to be confused with a SQUID but I believe non bikers might view me (us) as being nuts.
1 - Performing slaloms over invisible cones to warm up the sides of the tires before a ride. This usually covers over a one km distances
2- Standing on pegs (even in traffic) when going over bumps, and of course showing your butt the other motorist
3 - Same as no (2) but to get rid of occasional legs cramps and when the seat is bloody hot after being parked under the sun.

Extra link here for reading pleasure : http://www.motorcyclegiftshop.com/motorcycle_slang_a-g.html

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
i dont care what the cagers think im sure they dont notice anyway as you are not there cell phone and thats were 90% of there attention is :)

but funny i was doing 1,2,and3 today on my ride......as well as 4 standing up with one hand raised like super man >.> <.< v.v

·
Super Moderator
1,488 Posts
People down under have been ticketed for weaving... aka warming the tyres.
Negligent driving/riding - and some even Hooning, we do have anti-hoon laws.

Weaving only cleans the tyres of debris if that, and can be dangerous.
It is faster to heat the tyres up with quick acceleration and braking.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
3 - Same as no (2) but to get rid of occasional legs cramps and when the seat is bloody hot after being parked under the sun.
This one probably looks even funnier with my wife using my buttocks as a punching bag. Feels good though...

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
oh i might add i do #1 more to get cagers attention when they are to close or cut between me and who ever im riding with

·
Registered
403 Posts
I dont like performing slalom close to other vehicles because you never know what people are gonna do. I love a nice 35 mph and kissing white, yellow, white, yellow, as quickly as I can. Definitely fun!

Also, I believe that it shouldn't be done until* your tires are warmed up. And just riding with spirit for 10-15 min will get that done.

Standing is deinitely for me. I stand if I have to hit a good bump (hudson river bridges are every ~200ft), and I stand to relieve cramps in my inner/upper thigh near my hip socket. Sucks when a straight up charlie horse starts happening.

·
Registered
49 Posts
My knees get sore after about 100 miles on the V. When that happens I start sitting on the passenger pillion. I'm sure it looks rather goofy.

·
Registered
403 Posts
My knees get sore after about 100 miles on the V. When that happens I start sitting on the passenger pillion. I'm sure it looks rather goofy.
I have a tendency to switch cheeks on my seat concepts. I'm 5'10" but small framed, and I cant slide all the way back where the seat is flat and cuppy, because I'm not 'in' the bike enough. The narrower part that neighbors the tank makes my butt numb.

A few times I sat on the back seat for a minute, which feels more cushy.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I get laughed at when checking some weird noise way down at a stop light and almost drop the bike. Intentional butt crack also works.

·
Super Moderator
1,488 Posts
Interesting. What the heck is "hooning."

Hooning. LOL

REALLY

Basically if you get caught street racing, breaking traction at lights, burnouts, doing donuts, drifting, wheelies, stunt riding... Etc the police have the right to impound your car/bike on the spot. If you are found guilty then your car/bike gets destroyed.

Just google: (Australia) Victoria anti hoon laws

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Hooning. LOL

REALLY

Basically if you get caught street racing, breaking traction at lights, burnouts, doing donuts, drifting, wheelies, stunt riding... Etc the police have the right to impound your car/bike on the spot. If you are found guilty then your car/bike gets destroyed.

It's no fun riding/driving down under then :D
BUT only if you get caught, right ..... ?

·
Registered
805 Posts
Hooning. LOL

REALLY

Yikes :eek: Seems to me if you know your caught and they might destroy your bike over doing a wheelie that may cause some people to try to run.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts