Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Do you like Moto Guzzi?

Hi all,

It looks that people here like to talk about other bikes and brands, not only Versys and Kawasaki. So let me start one thread here.
From the other thread we could see what people think of HD, but what about Moto Guzzi?
Breva, Griso, V7, Stelvio…
What do you think?

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I have a friend with a Norge. It's a beautiful bike...Italians have a great sense of style.

Unfortunately they also have a ridiculous sense of execution. His top case just falls off randomly. The switch gear follows some bizarre conventions. My favorite Goose-ism, however, is the dipstick for checking the oil. The dipstick is on one side of the motor and to get at it you have to remove the tupperware. There is a particular order to follow in removing the tupperware -- and it starts on the other side. So you end up having to remove almost all the body panels just to check the oil. Go to a Guzzi owners website and they describe this as the "dipstick designed by a dipstick."

I remember what Larry Grodsky, late columnist for Rider magazine, once said: "What the Italians call character the Japanese consider design flaws and the Germans simply deny to their graves." Good reasoning for riding a Kawasaki.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
My friend has an 1100 Corsa Rossi with upgraded suspension and exhaust. Total sex on wheels but riding it, tank design sucks, can't grab it with your knees and the clip on's cause pain almost immediately. Sits in the garage a lot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts