Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do not want to polute the earth. But as humans living on earth thats what we do.

Do not want $6.00 a gal gas and a small fortune to heat my home! This maybe the only result! Lower standard of living with no less global warming.
In fact the earth cycles hot then cold. :eek:

History tells use hot and cold cycles on eath. Is it just us humans making climate change. We are the most powerful and important, are we not? :eek:

Maybe most ego center. The earth will eat us up and spit us out. We will be long gone and earth will still be here. The odds are! LOL :eek:

Sorry, ok we are very important! LOL.... NOT SO MUCH! :thumb:

http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/11/study-west-antarctic-glacier-melt-due-to-volcanoes-not-global-warming/

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
This may be an influence in the particular case however it does not negate the effect of the main cause of global warming, the burning of fossil fuels. Global warming due to carbon monoxide in the atmosphere has been proven and is currently scientifically undisputed, kinda like smoking is the major, but not the only cause, of lung cancer.

Interesting cigarette companies paid a lot of money to a small group of doctors and researchers in their employ to say things like the link between cancer and smoking was still in dispute and had not been conclusively proven right up to the mid 1970's even though this link was proven in an undisputable way by the 1950's. Kinda like industrial and political stake holders are doing today with global warming. This despite the fact global warming has been undisputed in the academic community since the early 1990's.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
This may be an influence in the particular case however it does not negate the effect of the main cause of global warming, the burning of fossil fuels. Global warming due to carbon monoxide in the atmosphere has been proven and is currently scientifically undisputed, kinda like smoking is the major, but not the only cause, of lung cancer.
No it hasn't. No it isn't.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
No it hasn't. No it isn't.
I think you need to do more reading. You will be unable to find a single accredited study that disproves global warming. If you do a little research you will find that any recent study that says otherwise is not peer reviewed (how academic accreditation is provided to a scientific study) and from a group specifically set up to contradict global warming and muddy the waters and funded by someone with a political agenda.

While the exact rate of global warming and it's exact repercussions are still up for debate the fact that is occurring mainly from the burning of fossil fuels is not. From a scientific standpoint disputing the existence of global warming is like disputing the existence of gravity.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Polution of any kind is not good. Waste is a product of live. :eek:

We are in the hot cycle now, no denial! If there were no humans alive we would be in the hot cycle. :eek:

One volcano shoots out three years of human polution in one day. Natural gasses from lakes far exceed human polution. :eek:

That being said I am not saying we should polute at will, we do need to use our heads but not price our self's to poverty. ;)

The water level will come up and bad weather will be a force but it will do this regardless of human polution. :eek: JMO

And in ten thousand years it will be very cold. Will humans be alive? My personal belief is no we will all be dead. And all the money you left your kids and their kids will be gone! LOL :thumb::thumb:

Happy Fathers Day! :D

https://au.news.yahoo.com/technology/a/24229332/hidden-ocean-found-under-earths-crust/

Attachments

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I think you need to do more reading. You will be unable to find a single accredited study that disproves global warming. If you do a little research you will find that any recent study that says otherwise is not peer reviewed (how academic accreditation is provided to a scientific study) and from a group specifically set up to contradict global warming and muddy the waters and funded by someone with a political agenda.

While the exact rate of global warming and it's exact repercussions are still up for debate the fact that is occurring mainly from the burning of fossil fuels is not. From a scientific standpoint disputing the existence of global warming is like disputing the existence of gravity.
You need to read something deeper than the National Enquirer. I have no doubt that climate changes. I am skeptical that man is the cause. You need to do a little research on the climate history of Earth and realize that man has only been out of the trees about 10,000 years or so and industrialized a couple of hundred.

The funny part about these global warming models is that none of them seem to work.

·
Registered
135 Posts
warming cycle, well we dont get the winter ice frost that we did, the name climate change is a joke there is one constant and that's climate change it does not stay the same, were we all get screwed is in the pollution we add to our environment

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I gonna reduce my carbon foot print as soon as Algore reduces his.
:funnypost: :thumb::thumb:

The report about his houses and energy use made him look like a complete a$$! What a jerk! Do as I say not as I do! :goodidea:

The rest of you should not use so much energy! LOL :topsecret:

·
Super Moderator
19,023 Posts
ANYONE here aware of WHY "GREENLAND" is called GREEN-land?

ANYONE here know that the Vikings called Newfoundland "VINLAND" when they first found it, because of the grapes growing wild?

About 1,000 years ago most of Greenland was NOT covered w/ snow and ice, and Newfoundland was MUCH warmer than it is now.

Wonder if the Ford F-150 was as big a seller THEN as it is now...?

:huh:

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I think the Vikings were Chevy guys. The energy bill for his Nashville mansion alone is more than $30,000/year. He also has a mansion in California, a fleet of SUVs and several personal jet aircraft. It is up to us "little people" to bear the burden of "fixing" global warming . . . errr, climate chan . . . climate disruption, whatever.

I have a suggestion for what Algore can do to himself and global warming but I fear it might get me banned.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts