Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 7ft tall and choosing between Ninja 1000SX and Versys 1000. I like them both, but my friends are telling me jokes, that I look like "bee on candy".:LOL:
Arthropod Pollinator Insect Organism Pest

They fit me well, and from rider's point of view, I like them very much. But I dont want to look weird, it spoils me the joy of that expensive toy ...
Do you agree or not?
Thank you.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

· Registered
2017 Kawasaki Versys-x 300 (non ABS)
1,232 Posts
First bike ? Be careful with a 1000 anything !

If you are 7ft tall, I guess you have brave (or crazy) friends to make fun of your size !
Here in Georgia, we might say you look like a "duck on a june-bug" ... but only if you weren't close enough to smack us ! Others might say you were tall enough to hunt geese with a rake -- but then I digress !

You look great on the bikes. Get one and have fun ... your friends will be jealous of how much fun you have. Lots of folks on here in the 6ft 2in - 6ft 6in range ... and they have all kinds of fun. At least you don't have trouble touching the ground !!

Let us know how you like that Versys when you get it -- and be sure to train up / ride safe / have fun ;-)

JT

· Registered
2013 Versys 650
40 Posts
I am 7ft tall ...
They fit me well, and from rider's point of view, I like them very much. But I dont want to look weird, it spoils me the joy of that expensive toy ...
Lots of folks on here in the 6ft 2in - 6ft 6in range ... and they have all kinds of fun. At least you don't have trouble touching the ground !!
Yeah, I am 6' shorter than you, but this was the best fitting bike I felt in the 3 weeks of trying out bikes. Mine is a 2013 650, and it's perfect size for this guy.

· Registered
Vx300 14/43: Urban Assault Vehicle
997 Posts
It makes your butt look fat 😂
You’re fine man. The u too tall jokes just come in at that altitude. I want to see you on a Z125 Pro 👍
JT brings up a good point about starting out on a 1000cc bike. I’d not recommend that either. Maybe try a KLR 650 on for size, unless you’re an experienced rider. Going splatt doesn’t look good on anyone.

· Registered
4 Posts
Looks like it fits you just fine.

In the picture with your feet on the pegs, you don't look too cramped, but only you can ultimately decide that.

First motorcycle? I'd recommend looking for a used 650 Versey, ride it for a period of time, when you feel like you are ready for more power, you can get most of your $$ back for the used ride.

Welcome

· Registered
10 Posts
Comfort is king to me. You look more comfortable on the Versys by those pictures. If your rides will be less than an ~1hr between breaks, I'm sure the 1000SX would be fine. I don't know how much you can actually alter the 1000SX to make it feel bigger, but you might significantly change the geometry and therefore the ride.

As stated by others, the 650 is generally a better choice. I've ridden with my girlfriend 1up wearing a backpack, full luggage and a tank bag, so the power is fine for a guy your size. I would only consider the 1000 if you're actually going to make use of all the extra features and technology that make touring more comfortable. Take the ~$7k difference in price tags, depending on which models are available for you, and get the best equipment to enhance your riding experience.

You'll have fun no matter which one you choose and nothing beats personal experience. Just keep the rubber on the road.

· Registered
59 Posts
The other bike you might want to throw a leg over is a BMW R1250 GS or GS Adventure. BMW also offers a tall seat option, plus there are lots of aftermarket options for lowering footpegs. I love my Versys 1000 and it fits me pretty well. I have a 33” inseam, but If my pocketbook was larger I might have gone the GS route, because I like the extra legroom.

Don’t be concerned about what others might think about how you look on the bike. You’re the one that has to like it and fit is super important. Good luck and keep us posted.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you all guys!!:love:
I appreciate all replies, all of them are great.
I was riding 650 Versys and it's too narrow for my big a$$:D, BMW GS is too expensive in my country and V-Strom is not my favourite because of it's look. I will order basic Versys in january, when new model will be available to order.:giggle:
Also KTM Super Duke GT looks pretty big (and sounds amazing!!), but it's also expensive and too powerful for me.
I will keep you posted.
Stay safe!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts