Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
what is that under the seat, right above the shock?

I can see you have a rear rack, a lowering block, a rear hugger, but not sure what that is directly above the shock. different kind of helmet lock maybe?

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bingo Thunderblue:thumb:
It is left over from a ZRX build I did. It uses the same key as the ignition and seat.
The ZRX uses the same blank as I'm sure many Kaws. I'm not a locksmith but I took the lock apart and moved the tumblers around until it worked. Easy peasy, took just a few minutes. Anybody wanting one can sometimes find them on the ZRXOA.ORG site.
I made the backplate from a single gang SS blank plate (for blanking electrical outlet boxes). I only had to remove one of the useless helmet tabs under the seat and nut and bolted the plate to the existing bracket using one of the factory bodywork mounting screws and the other bolt goes through the slot.
Here's a better pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
the pop rock holder on the handle bars?

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I can't remember what's in there. I haven't opened it in a couple of years.
lol well be careful opening it, there might be a monster in there =p

·
Registered
245 Posts
Funny, just this afternoon I bought a master lock to use as a simple helmet lock. Constantly taking the seat off was getting ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
It is amazing that this bike does not come with a helmet lock! How cheap can they get?
I've never used them on any of the bikes I have owned. I ALWAYS take my helmet with me.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I carry my helmet with me. If I am going in an air conditioned building I want it to absorb some coolness.

For short stints at an outdoor event I will run a cable lock though the chinbar and sleeve of my jacket.

Using the strap to lock the helmet won't keep thieves from taking the helmet, but does help keep honest people honest.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I carry my helmet with me. If I am going in an air conditioned building I want it to absorb some coolness.

For short stints at an outdoor event I will run a cable lock though the chinbar and sleeve of my jacket.

Using the strap to lock the helmet won't keep thieves from taking the helmet, but does help keep honest people honest.
In my state there is no helmet law. People would be more apt to steal a bag of dog pooh than a lid around here.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts