Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen this question come up, now-and-then, and I have ALWAYS figured that - YES - they're the same.

Well, yesterday I came into possession of the seat from a '16 V650 LT, so I removed the seat from my Gen 1 ('08) and installed the '16 seat.

They DO interchange, altho' I had to PUSH down on the rear of the seat for the 'latch' to latch. (I'm pretty sure that the NEWER seat doesn't have 80,600 miles of riding on it....:yeahsmile:...)

:thumb: - :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
19,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And my "experiment" proves it!

:yeahsmile:

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
As a test, I installed a 2008 Versys 650 seat on my 2015 Versys 650. It fit perfectly.
I also used a 2014 seat on my bike for a few rides without any problems.

·
Registered
341 Posts
the real question is.... do they all suck?

actually, the seat on my '15 isn't too bad once I raised the front end 3/4". ya know, for an extra what.... 5 bucks, Kawi could have made a really pretty good seat. I sat on the V300.... jeebus what a plank. terrible, a park bench is an improvement

·
Registered
972 Posts
My 15's seat was not comfortable......most stock ones aren't even though I'm an "average size" and most bikes are designed for average people. I modified mine in several ways and now I can spend 10 hours or so in the saddle and not be crippled when I get off the bike.

·
Premium Member
7,883 Posts
I mean, is there a difference in design as far as padding/softness/width, etc...?

I know when I had my 2015 CTX, then sat on a 2014 CTX I felt a totally different seat. Turns out the 2014 was more deeper and allowed you to slide backwards toward the passenger area, whereas the 2015+ pushed you more forward.
Don,t think there is difference in the padding/softness/width as these seat are mass produce to specification. All models/Gen that i came across are the same..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts