Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an old kovix disk lock that ilI use in the rear disk. But I've glued the battery cover as the bolt that hold it in place fell down in the first weeks of use. Know the battery is gone and I want a better disk lock (I will still use this for the front disk).

I wanted a sturdier model but I don't know the the size of the holes on the disks. Does anyone nows? Or better a disk lock that could go up to the entire disk and the pain the locks it would be on the big hole but again I don't know the size or If a disk lock will have enough clearence to lock there.

Could you share some light on this issue or what type of disck lock you use on the rear disk.

Enviado do meu G3221 através do Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
19,141 Posts
I just went and checked ('15 V650 - Gen 3), and the RED one [it's a KRYTONITE] will fit my rear brake, while the greenish one will NOT [but it's the one I use all the time for the front disc].

As you can see the KRYTONITE disc-lock has a 10cm 'slot'. Personally, I can see NO reason to use a rear disc-lock over a front one.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just went and checked ('15 V650 - Gen 3), and the RED one [it's a KRYTONITE] will fit my rear brake, while the greenish one will NOT [but it's the one I use all the time for the front disc].

As you can see the KRYTONITE disc-lock has a 10cm 'slot'. Personally, I can see NO reason to use a rear disc-lock over a front one.
If I'm in a "friendly" zone I use one disk lock on the rear disk. If I leave the bike unnatended for a long period of time or in a place that I know is problematic I also put another one on the front disk or preferably a chain to a fixed point with a lock on the bike frame.

I prefer disk lock with alarm because I have fell over befor by not removing the lock before riding...

The reason for the rear instead of the front as the first choice is because at least teoretically is easier to roll the bike off with a disk in the front.

Enviado do meu G3221 através do Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts