Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned mostly Honda's for the last 20 years. In that time I've gone through a lot of spare parts via discount sites that were priced as much 30% below Honda OEM prices. So far I have not been able to find a site that sells Kawasaki parts at a discount.

For example, I tried to find an OEM brake lever for my Versys selling at a discounted price. Every place I looked at had it for the same price... $60. I looked at all the discount parts places I could find including those I've used to acquire parts for my Hondas and they were all selling the lever at the same price. I wound up just going to my local Kawasaki dealer and paying $60 and didn't have to fork out for shipping.

Have any of you found a place that sells Kawasaki parts below OEM prices?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I've purchased Kawasaki parts from PowerSportsWarehouse for below list price.
Thank you, thank you! They had the $60 lever for $42... a 30% discount.

Just don't understand why discount Kawasaki parts dealers were so hard to find via Google.

Gonna bookmark this site.

Any others?

EDIT: Powersports Warehouse looks to be a bit high on their shipping charge. I took a look at the estimated shipping cost for that one single, $42 priced brake lever and it was $18.12! Wow, a shipping charge for a small, light item that is 43% of the price of the part. Must be their minimum shipping rate. That puts the total price at $60.12 which turns out to be $0.12 over the Kawasaki list price. I'd be just as well off buying it at my local Kawasaki dealer.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
If you are a member of AMA, you can get a small discount at BikeBandit.com. Maybe 10%. They make it easy to find the part you want, and easy to order from. You might save on sales tax, too.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Yea I think that's their minimum shipping charge. It's pretty high, but I was ordering several items so it was still worth it.

I don't know that I'd recommend them, their communication was lacking (email notifications were minimal and lacked details) and they included a paper note with my order that basically said if there were any shipping damages I'm on my own to solve it with the carrier.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I spoke to Babbits Online (owner of kawasakipartshouse.com and other OEM-based parts sites), they advised they're an authorized dealer, and have some form of pricing agreement - and in my limited experience, all online OEM dealers pretty much stick with it. Given the price of that very costly lever I broke, I ordered a set from Asia (ebay) - as many others have done here - and while they haven't yet arrived, they were less than $20 a set, with the same adjustment capabilities as OEM.

Yes, they could turn out to be junk, weaker, poorly fitting or some other fatal flaw, but for $20, why not try.

Good luck!

·
Registered
291 Posts
I buy my levers off ebay. They work just fine. Remember to drill a couple of holes to create a weak spot where they are supposed to break if you drop the bike... stock lever above...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
19,636 Posts
I too buy levers from Ebay, but I did buy some for my Gen 1, for about $12 from MotionPro.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I negotiate a discount with my selling dealer. For used bikes I have had decent luck with ronayers.com for maintenance items.
My dealer has a frequent buyer card. Every 6th visit or so that you spend a min of $50; they credit your account with $50. At the end of the year, they have a party for anyone who turned in a card and they serve dinner and have door prizes. Last year, my wife and I both won Firstgear air jackets.
I still buy tires online as they can be bought at essentially dealer's cost. For OEM stuff and gear, I generally buy from my dealer. Any small savings I'd get online wouldn't be worth losing them. Best dealer I've come across.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
At least Powersports Warehouse sells below Kawasaki's price. It's the ONLY one I've been able to find so far that does so.

Anybody know any others that sell below OEM price?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Partszilla? Prices are listed as "discount". PARTZILLA.COM!!!! There! I got the spelling correct; I was right the first time.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Partszilla? Prices are listed as "discount".
Thanks. Looks like a good one.

Partzilla's price for the $60 OEM priced lever is $43.23 and their shipping charge, which goes by purchase price, is $7.95, resulting in a total of $51.18. MUCH better than Powersports Warehouse.

·
Registered
145 Posts
FWIW, I ordered OEM engine mount bolts from Partzilla, listed as 'in stock' and at a similar discount as noted. Nice.

Delivery was supposed to be 5-7 days, I got a delay notice that it would take another 5-7 days. I called and they advised they were a dealer and didn't stock most things, but ordered directly from Kawasaki warehouse which was where the delay was from. "Then why does your site say 'in stock?", "Well, that's what Kawasaki says". "So, when will the parts be available?" "We're not sure".

I would probably try Partzilla again for higher dollar items, a deal is a deal. Just not a great experience. I called the dealer, gave him CC, parts in hand before Partzilla said they would ship.

No particular axe to grind, just my limited experience.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My dealer has a frequent buyer card. Every 6th visit or so that you spend a min of $50; they credit your account with $50. At the end of the year, they have a party for anyone who turned in a card and they serve dinner and have door prizes. Last year, my wife and I both won Firstgear air jackets.

Haven't heard of any dealers over here quite so customer friendly.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I got free shipping from PowerSportsWarehouse using the discount code "free". I think there's a minimum of $50 for the discount to work though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts