Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am getting ready to run the new fuse box and harness and clean up my wire mess, and am wondering if there are any issues regarding disconnecting the battery for a couple of days. Tend to recall that some automotive electronics have to be re-set if battery is disconnected or goes dead.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Am getting ready to run the new fuse box and harness and clean up my wire mess, and am wondering if there are any issues regarding disconnecting the battery for a couple of days. Tend to recall that some automotive electronics have to be re-set if battery is disconnected or goes dead.
Not sure about a couple of days, but I recently had mine disconnected for a few hours while I did some electrical work on it. No issues to report past resetting the clock.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Only problems will be, you need to reset the clock. Also the trip-meter will be reset.

When reinstalling the battery connections with additional wires I struggled to get the screw into the threaded nut. I cut 2 small sections of a plastic straw, and stick them under the nut. This rises them up tight and easy to screw it all together.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Not sure about a couple of days, but I recently had mine disconnected for a few hours while I did some electrical work on it. No issues to report past resetting the clock.
I disconnected mine on a 2015 V1K to attach some Gerbing's connectors and didn't need to reset a thing. No idea how long the backup lasts though.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone. Hawk, I know what you mean from the first time I took the battery out last year. I put some styrofoam under it to lift it a little to be able to get the connections on. I've got too hot leads on there now and thats the reason for putting on the new fuse box. I also rigged up twist tie system to make removal of the battery easy.

·
Super Moderator
19,940 Posts
EACH of my Vs gets to spend aprox. SIX months w/ the battery OUT, and on my bench in a plastic 2" deep pan.

Aside from resetting the clock - NO issues...!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts