Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking at the Xena alarmed disc locks, and just wondering if someone here can tell me how big the holes in the stock 2011 brake disc are. I'd like to get a Xena with the thickest usable pin for my bike. :thanx:

edit: Found their fitment guide, but it seems sort of vague on hole sizing. Anyone using a Xena on theirs?

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I use a Xena XX14 on a 2010 V. It's plenty heavy. Don't forget to use something like a Yellow Livestrong band or other indicator on your throttle or somewhere to remind you the bike is locked. Bad things happen to those who forget.:eek:

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Go ahead and get the thicker pin....the lock pin doesn't need to go through an individual hole on the disc but rather slips upward to the slotted area.

·
Registered
764 Posts
yea just get the thickest...it doesnt go through a hole but rather through the slot.

AND do make sure that you get that orange coil reminder thing, cause there is nothing like that 1 out of 1000 day where you forget its on there and tear up your front fender.

·
Super Moderator
19,587 Posts
...cause there is nothing like that 1 out of 1000 day where you forget its on there and tear up your front fender.
I don't think that's the biggie -
VERY SUDDENLY landing on your head, like I did - THAT'S THE BIGGIE!

·
Premium Member
16,216 Posts
Bought one when i first got the bike. Then switched to an alarm went with the Scorpio I-900R

·
Registered
430 Posts
I don't think that's the biggie -
VERY SUDDENLY landing on your head, like I did - THAT'S THE BIGGIE!
How about driving a full dresser HOG with passenger one-foot forward and toppliing it, right in front of the window of the employee cafeteria.

At least I know how to pick one up quickly, with my back to the seat.

·
Registered
601 Posts
That Xena lock has a helluva loud alarm. If you get on the bike without taking the lock off, you'll know it's there...I've never been concerned about having a little yellow reminder thing for the handlebar. I guess if the battery on the alarm is dead, then I would be more concerned about it, but if I'm remembering correctly from my previous bike, the alarm started acting weird (maybe intermittent low volume beeps?) when the battery was getting low, and I could change the battery before the alarm totally stopped working.

...I guess it doesn't hurt though to have that extra reminder...can't be too expensive either...I just never needed it.

I'm happy with my Xena lock

1 - 8 of 8 Posts