Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not new to riding but I got a 2018 650 LT.
I am used to a low sitting cruiser, flat foot. this one I am on my toes, used to it now.

other thing is it likes a higher RPM and I'm used to lower.
so now I go back to the cruiser and drive it like I do the versys and seems way different.

so, down the rabbit hole buying specific versys items.

·
Premium Member
16,151 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
759 Posts
Congrats on your new Versys!

Yes, they are very different from cruisers. Besides the obvious seating position the engine rev's can take some time to get used to. I rode cruisers for 25 years before the ADV-style bikes got a hold of me. I then went to a V-strom, then an NC700 and now my 2018 Versys...and even those three have different rev limits!

But this Versys, IMO, is by far the best of the three. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine!

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Welcome aboard! Isn't it nice to ride a bike that responds now, and not a few minutes later, to steering input? :wink2:0:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just got a new versys (2016 model though) yesterday. Although no experience on a cruiser, I can relate to the tippie toes! (30” or 76 cm inseam). I ordered the lowering kit from Moto Werk after a couple of hours riding. It has had good reviews on this site. I believe I will feel more comfortable with being able to “flat foot it”. :)

Pipertom

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got about 1,000 miles on it now since I got it 6/23 and I'm used to the height, ride and higher RPM.
it shifts smooth, well really nice @ 6k. less, but good at 6k.

the only thing I've bought for it YET is a relay for powering USB. extra lights up front is next.

did just get a new helmet. a bell race star carbon fiber. was looking for lighter, different profile.
I had a Bell mag-9 sena, it's a half open face. the star is defiantly lighter and a lot quieter. the wind
coming off the wind screen is unnoticeable now.

money pit, will name it that.

·
Registered
279 Posts
get the motowerk lowering kit and big foot side stand kit. well worth the investment. actually, the versys has a lot of pull from 3000 up (though did change the rear sprocket to 44T). i stay usually in the 3-5k range, but it loves the higher revs as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts