Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't own a trailer but have thought about it a few times. No clue what this one costs but I did find this one quite interesting.

·
Registered
120 Posts
That's a solution looking for a problem, IMO. Maybe if you have a 900 lb behemoth and regularly trailer queen it one of these might be worth the extra cost over a utility trailer. I had to trailer my C10 Concours once and had no problem getting it into my plain vanilla utility trailer and I'm a little guy.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
I can see the benefit of trailering. I'm thinking about doing this so I can get my 250 dual sport to dual sport areas further than my current limit of 100 miles away.

I also understand not wanting to wear a bike out on the superslab and not having the time to ride the back roads to your destination.

I am still looking at all the options regarding adding the west coast states to my ride map.

·
Super Moderator
19,006 Posts

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I can see the benefit of trailering. I'm thinking about doing this so I can get my 250 dual sport to dual sport areas further than my current limit of 100 miles away.

I also understand not wanting to wear a bike out on the superslab and not having the time to ride the back roads to your destination.

I am still looking at all the options regarding adding the west coast states to my ride map.
... or just buy a dual sport adv bike:D

·
Registered
120 Posts
... or just buy a dual sport adv bike:D
If you enjoy riding your dual sport to the trails (at least 90 minutes of highway for me), doing for real off road riding all day (e.g., for me this means rock gardens and such), and then riding back home you're some kind of a masochist. ;) I've got one of these for my dirt bike (off road only, not tagged):

·
Registered
4,597 Posts

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
If you enjoy riding your dual sport to the trails (at least 90 minutes of highway for me), doing for real off road riding all day (e.g., for me this means rock gardens and such), and then riding back home you're some kind of a masochist. ;) I've got one of these for my dirt bike (off road only, not tagged):
You bought a $20,000 truck to take your dual sport to the woods? That ain't happening for me. Maybe a Jeep Wrangler could be in my future. :D

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Cool trailer just for bikes.

I have a little low flat bed 8X10 for my inflatable poontoon fishing boat and use it for all kind of things including hauling my bike if needed. Its really handy and have hauled all kinds of things. :thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
120 Posts
I love boats but trailering is the sole reason why I don't own one. What a hassle to have to trailer it to the water. Have to have a tow vehicle, trailer, gas money, etc. If I lived on the water I would definitely have some boats.
As I said above I don't own a dual sport bike. Also, I don't see any serious dirt guys riding their dual sport 1-2 hours to the trails, riding the trails for a few hours, and then riding the dual sport home. That would require being in incredible shape and being willing to have to call a tow truck if you had a problem with your dual sport on the trails (not uncommon).

I do have a truck based suv and an mx bike setup for woods riding/racing, serious trail riding not the sort of thing a versys or typical dual sport would be able to do.

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
I have a 5X8 utility with ramp w/ condor chock and it suits me fine. The condor chock is the scooter size and fortunately for me it adjusts from 12" wheels (my Grom) to 17" wheels (My V). If I were to buy a MC specific trailer, it would have to be the stinger. I have a small SUV with a towing capacity of only 1500 lbs, the smaller/lighter the better.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
As I said above I don't own a dual sport bike. Also, I don't see any serious dirt guys riding their dual sport 1-2 hours to the trails, riding the trails for a few hours, and then riding the dual sport home. That would require being in incredible shape and being willing to have to call a tow truck if you had a problem with your dual sport on the trails (not uncommon).

I do have a truck based suv and an mx bike setup for woods riding/racing, serious trail riding not the sort of thing a versys or typical dual sport would be able to do.
I was teasing you. That is why I posted towing with a bike because I don't have a readily available tow vehicle. I am in incredible shape BTW. Well, I was until the dual sport bucked me off this past October.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I was teasing you. That is why I posted towing with a bike because I don't have a readily available tow vehicle. I am in incredible shape BTW. Well, I was until the dual sport bucked me off this past October.
I have an older brother who is an, er, instigator, so I can respond weird to teasing. ;)

This is the sort of place I ride the dirt bike (and not slow like the rock crawling 4x4 in the vid, kind of fun to come up on trucks crawling through and to zip past in 2nd or 3rd gear ;) ):

I'm simply not in good enough shape to enjoy dual sporting to a place like that.

·
Registered
120 Posts
And I'm too old (or aware of my mortality) to be zipping through rock gardens in 2nd and 3rd gear. :eek:
Where I'm at there are 2 basic choices: off road/rocks or MX tracks. I am too aware of my mortality (and old) for the MX tracks. ;) Rocks don't scare me at all but it's practically all I ride off road. You get used to it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts