Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went on our first ride today! We (as in the Missus and I) did about 2 or so hours yesterday close by. Today we did an all day trip, around 300 miles. Its my first ride on the new bike, and first real ride since my accident a few weeks back! I have nothing exciting to share, other than my non-accustomed butt is sore. What do you guys do about this seat/sports bike shenanigans!? (I was cruiser in a past life)

Attachments

·
Registered
842 Posts
Glad you had a good ride on the V :)

I have a Kawa OEM Gel Seat that is good for 300+ km days. I haven't tried 300 miles.

Don't know if they are available for the 2015 / 2016.

·
Super Moderator
19,602 Posts
...I have nothing exciting to share, other than my non-accustomed butt is sore. What do you guys do about this seat/sports bike shenanigans!?...
You can raise the front of your seat for about $2 (for two longer bolts and a dozen washers) and a piece of scrap iron you probably have lying around your garage or basement. I've got OVER 110K miles among three Vs w/ this mod.

I have done quite a few 11+ hour days w/ this mod. Back when I joined the forum in '08, it was what MANY guys did....

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now that is a mod, cheap and easy. MAN I wonder why they put such a foward/down slope on these seats?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Glad you both got to ride today. It was beautiful this morning up here. Bad news, I had to work. Good news, I got to work outside. No riding for me for a few days.

I have a Sargent Seat ordered for my 2016 V. Hope it arrives before I plan on going to CO.......if not, I won't be going to CO. If they are like the previous four Sargent seats I've owned, my butt will be happy. Will post a review after I have a couple thousand miles on it. Hopefully, that won't take too long.
Mike

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ed, what is the purpose of the metal bar(that I probably have laying around the garage) and is it necessary?

Great mod Macgyver!

·
Super Moderator
19,602 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts