Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I came across a post, I think here, it was late and I was very tired.
Anyway, I saw several pictures of an install of a denali soundbomb or duo tone where the little compressor was mounted under the left upper plastics and the horn was down lower left I believe.

The photos I saw had transparent layovers of the outer covers showing where it was installed underneath. The images were very professionally done.

After a 65 mile jaunt to a car show today, I KNOW 100% I am going to need a blasting horn. The stock horn is PATHETIC!

Has anyone seen this? I did two or three searches but didn't see it:(

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Or, if anyone has a '15 Versys 1000LT that has installed an aftermarket horn already, let me know!

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
341 Posts
go to your local pick a part find dual tone horns off of a ford explorer or Cadillac Denali any late model car will do. $10.00 re paint em black build a bracket for them. got mine to tuck in relatively easy. You can still see them if you look but cheap and LOUD. You sound like a car and REALLY gets their attention. Post picks later-Mark

That's just what I did I'm a cheap ass.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
go to your local pick a part find dual tone horns off of a ford explorer or Cadillac Denali any late model car will do. $10.00 re paint em black build a bracket for them. got mine to tuck in relatively easy. You can still see them if you look but cheap and LOUD. You sound like a car and REALLY gets their attention. Post picks later-Mark

That's just what I did I'm a cheap ass.
Considering I'm a former long term boneyard denizen...hell yes.
Send some pics please!

Did you need another relay for this?

If I remember correctly, there was a video of this denali being tested afterwards with a decibel meter to boot. It was fahking loud.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts