Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Sunday after riding approx. 800 miles home from Hot Springs, S.D. and aprrox. 3/8 of a mile from the house the inevitable happened. After two 180 degree turns by the Doe and a short front wheel skid that I was able to immediately correct. The V tried to bring home the bacon...errrrr venison....LOL.

After doing a complete safety check today I found zero damage. Even the brake discs were right on the money.

I have now struck three deer with three different scooters in the last eleven years. All within three miles of the house. Add two more with the car and jeep which were in seven miles of the house.

Damage to the scoots total. one mirror, one brake lever and one plastic side cover. Damage to myself not including shorts, one sore leg when struck broadside.

Knock on wood!!!!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Soon as I retire. It won't be long cause I am already tired...:)

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
good that you and the bike came out ok, oh and don't use deer faramones to wash your vehicles with.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Glad you are safe and sound Bob. Them 4-footed foresters are EVERYWHERE in our fine state. We need to kill more of them. With guns not bikes!

So the Avon D's are about shot eh?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Glad you are safe and sound Bob. Them 4-footed foresters are EVERYWHERE in our fine state. We need to kill more of them. With guns not bikes!

So the Avon D's are about shot eh?

I was almost home. The next driveway was mine. When I started the front wheel skid I released the brake and rolled on the throttle. It brought me straight up. I think that was more of a concern than the Doe. I ha already peeled off a lot of speed.

off topic @ Siyeh
I was talking to Jason tdi yesterday about TKC80's. He says the front are terrible followers. I might stick one on the back and see how it runs with the Avon up front.
I am still pondering the CADVR. decisions, decisions...lol

·
Registered
775 Posts
So how'd you get Bambi home ;) Nothing like BBQ venison:D...Glad you're ok brother...

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So how'd you get Bambi home ;) Nothing like BBQ venison:D...Glad you're ok brother...
I did not look until the next day. But I was unable to find a blood trail. There is a very steep uphill and lots of underbrush where she must have cleared the fence.

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts