Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, despite how much I loved the 650 and was totally happy with it, after reading all of the great reviews and lurking on the Versys1000 forum I decided to trade up to the 1000.
Lately I seem to be taking a few longer trips including some highway and my wife has expressed interest in giving it a shot as a passenger, the extra power and roominess was too great a draw.
I have only had it a few days and a couple hundred kms but can tell that it is going to be a lot of fun.
I am still going to hang around this forum cuz afterall it is still a VERSYS.
Cheers.
Here are a few pics. I have Givi 33l Trekkers and Akra carbon fibre on the way.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Awesome! Congrats V-COASTER ! Nice Bike! :thumb:

Stay with us and please let us know what you think! The V-1000 forum only has aboat 400 member and is just gettin going. Not that I have been over there reading about the V-1000 or anything! LOL

·
Registered
434 Posts
Fantastic and congratulations! Looks great.

Wish Kawasaki USA would give us the choice.....

·
Registered
688 Posts
Looks good. First time I have noticed that that windshield more closely matches the older V's than the new ones.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
No news if it will be available in the US. For what it seems Kawa dealers are not interested. I'm getting closer to make my mind and do change. The Tiger Explorer is calling.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Kiwi, that link is for the brown 2012 which was the first colour here in Canada too. What is the 2013 colour?
Not sure as have not seen anything about 2013 V1000 model, Kawasaki NZ are dropping prices on some bikes and that may be to clear old stock with 2013 models, my 2011 Ninja 1000 was originally priced at $23,000 NZ then they dropped the price a while back to $22K and in last two weeks the Ninja 1000 is listed at $20K but they did not bring the 2012 Ninja in.

Would love to try out the V1000 as I know how sweet the 4 cyl ninja engine is.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
It looks great. :thumb: Beautiful and solid looking. Just the right amount of Candy Burnt Orange (like my 2007) with Black. :clap:

How do you like the stock seat? It looks much better than the 650's.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It looks great. :thumb: Beautiful and solid looking. Just the right amount of Candy Burnt Orange (like my 2007) with Black. :clap:

How do you like the stock seat? It looks much better than the 650's.
The seat so far is great. It is a bit larger seating area and fairly firm which I like. Most of the web and mag reviews I have read praised the seat.
It also has a good sized pillion seat which my wife said felt quite comfortable.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I sat on one at a dealer. Is it just my imagination or is the center of gravity lower on the V1000?
It definitely feels like it. Although being 70 lbs heavier, it actually feels the same or even lighter than my 650. It still is as agile and manoeuverable as the 650 which was my main concern.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How smooth is that motor. compared to the parallel twin on the 650?
Love the looks!
I find the the engine very smooth and the vibration looking in my mirrors is almost non-existent.
A real pleasant surprise I was not expecting was the smoothness of the transmission.
There is no huge "clunk" shifting into 1st gear at all and from 1st to 2nd is about 1/2 the movement of the 650 and smooth as butter.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
I find the the engine very smooth and the vibration looking in my mirrors is almost non-existent.
A real pleasant surprise I was not expecting was the smoothness of the transmission.
There is no huge "clunk" shifting into 1st gear at all and from 1st to 2nd is about 1/2 the movement of the 650 and smooth as butter.
I like butter on my popcorn and this V-1000 is sounding butter all the time! :thumb:

Tell us about the power man! Does she have some juice! :thumb:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Very nice! Sure wish Kawasaki would bring it here..

·
Registered
261 Posts
470 lbs? Wow. That would be awesome.

I couldn't wait for a V1000, so I bought a BMW R1200R. Not the same but close.

I still ride the Versys 650 on a daily basis. Taking it to work today, and yesterday.

Nice looking bike, I like the color. Passenger seat looks way better.

David

1 - 20 of 26 Posts