Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks.. I've had my 09 V for a couple years now and one thing has always bugged me about it. Hopefully someone out there has some ideas of how to take care of the issue.

If I'm in stop-n-go traffic puttering along in first gear, whenever I let off the throttle from low RPM it decels really quick and bucks me forward in the seat a little. Its not a huge deal but it can make it fairly difficult to feather the throttle at low speeds. The most annoying time this comes into play is if I'm pulling away from a stop into a turn and the car in front of me decides to take the turn super slow, I'll get halfway through the turn, have to let off the throttle and get bucked at the apex of the turn.. not exactly the best time.

Anyways.. I read a lot of stuff on here about vacuum hose mods and TPS adjustments that seem to describe similar symptoms, but wanted to be sure before I headed down one of those paths. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.

·
Registered
106 Posts
My method of dealing with that is to be quick on the clutch and light on the brake. Wet clutches will take a fair amount of abuse, at least, a lot more than dry clutches. It helps to leave as much space in front as you can without letting others butt in. I hate stop-n-go traffic and will go out of my way to avoid it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
In situations like these, I usually run the revs higher than needed, and use the clutch as my gas pedal until it's time for 2nd gear. The V has some pretty harsh engine braking in the lower end, so good clutch work will help reduce that.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I did the vacuum hose mod suggested by Invader; and put a 43 tooth sprocket on the rear. My 09 V is very smooth at low speeds - on and off throttle are no problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts