Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a tool to remove the decals from the fuel tank surface, other than a large neutron collider?

I've tried many times with the hairdryer without success, decals are resistant even to "hot-like-hell" temperature...

I'm thinking about a product, such as a spray, a chemical, whatever, to detach the decals without affecting the surface. I need the fuel tank clean in order to install the tank saver!!!

I'm desperate, and seriously thinking about an antimatter reactor, or a little nuke to get rid of the bloody decals, helpme!!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Deep,

When in Rome, do as the Americans do...leave 'em on and be PROUD of that jap bike import! Piss off those Ducati's.

You should be able to heat, pull up a corner and work it off by varying the heat gun/dryer distance from decal. Too close/hot it melts and breaks. Once it's removed, Goof Off is one of our products here. You might have a citrus based solvent there...D-Limonene?

good luck,
/neil

·
Registered
18 Posts
WD-40. Oh yeah, did I mention WD-40. WD-40 also works. I have heard of many different ways to remove decals, I know that WD-40 works great. I just remembered WD-40 also works, or you could just try WD-40. For a cheap method there is always WD-40. If you really want to go the all out route and if you are made of money you can go ahead and hire someone to use WD-40.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I used a towel, soaked up some tea hot water in it. Held the towel to the decals to warm up, peeled off with NO residue. No chemicals, no lubricants, easy and clean.

·
Super Moderator
20,657 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
+1 or is 2 on WD-40. But also Goof Off and a hair dryer will work very well. When you are done, wash down with soap and water and apply a good polish.

Machog

·
Registered
139 Posts
Pretty much any oil will work, but can take a while to work it's way through the adhesive... WD-40 is quicker of course. Mine came off easy just sitting in the sunlight... picked up a corner and pulled it off. No residue.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
What is this WD-40 you speak of? I have never heard of it....
Its actually for curring warts and catching fish, if your main interests are motorcycles, its on wonder you haven't come across it.

Machog

·
Registered
83 Posts
:thumb:
Its actually for curring warts and catching fish, if your main interests are motorcycles, its on wonder you haven't come across it.

Machog
WD-40.....good for colds,moles,and sore aholes!!!......also good salad dressing !!!:thumb:

·
Super Moderator
20,657 Posts
What is this WD-40 you speak of? I have never heard of it....
Wonder Drug - 40...;)

That's what WD-40 stands for!!!:yeahsmile:

Ed

·
Registered
34 Posts
I took the panels off the bike, put them across the double sink in the kitchen and ran hot water over the decals until the edges began to show water bubbles around the edges of the decals. Then it was simply peel off the decal and clean the surface up with goo gone.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts