Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 20 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked through most of the photos, has no one else debadged? While I had the panels off to fix the buzzzz I removed the kawasaki and versys decals, and now it looks really clean! I'll try to borrow a camera tomorrow to post some pictures. With those removed there really aren't any markings left to identify the bike, I kind of like that look.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Also de-badged mine. Putting a Honda decal on it instead really drives folks nuts!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
debadging

Just bought mine last week and LOVE it! I don't want to trash the paint, but would like to get rid of the decals. What is the best method?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Warm up decal with hair dryer. Peel with fingers. Use Go Gone or rubbing alcohol to take off all adhesive and wax.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Believe it or not.....They just peel off .
I tried that tonight, and I could remove the garage stickers easily but when trying to remove the "Versys" stickers, the glue stayed on the bike...My Versys is black, so I think Ill just let it in the sun tomorrow, and try to remove it when it's very hot...

·
Registered
227 Posts
Warm up decal with hair dryer. Peel with fingers. Use Go Gone or rubbing alcohol to take off all adhesive and wax.
x2. A hair dryer works great if they won't just peel right off.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Tried it and it works great indeed. Although I was careful not to overheat the plastic (found out when I was a kid that you could melt plastic with a hair dryer! :p )

It came right off, and I cleaned the remaining glue residu with my helmet cleaner (cleaner for plastic and metal). I removed the dealer sticker and the Versys on both sides but kept the Kawasaki I think it looks ok on the black versys.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I just decided to debadge mine...partially, I left the Versys stickers on and took off the Kawi stickers only. Will remove them all when I get some custom vinyl done.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Swingarm Too

The stickers on the swing arm come off easier that the ones on the bodywork. Why do we need decals to tell us what the air pressure and chain play should be? Also, I could care less what EPA regulations this bike meets! :D

·
Registered
217 Posts
You'd be surprised what Honda on the side does to head scratching!!! Had them going at the Gap on Fri!!
One guy in Tellico on Sun asked if he could get one at a Honda dealer yet!!!
Great fun!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I debadged mine the first day it came home. I have always used Goo-Gone after any sticker/decal removal to get the residue off. It works like a charm, apply the GG, wait ~30 seconds and wipe with a rag. Smooth as glass and won't hurt paint/wax/clearcoat.

1 - 20 of 223 Posts