Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
+1

I just picked up the Multiconcept Touring guards. I think I'm going to like them a lot, but I can't stand to have logos for a bunch of different companies on my bike.

It seems like I've read somewhere that Goof Off or something like that might work, but I can't seem to find that info now though.

If I can find it again, I'll post it up.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I haven't taken my guards out of the packaging yet, but I'm pretty sure it's not a sticker type decal. My experience with guards like this is that the logo is painted on or something similar in that it's not actually a separate thing you can pull off. Scraping might work, but would definitely damage the plastic of the guard. Not the end of the world for a guy coming from a KLR, but I'd rather use some sort of solvent if I can.

The adhesive remover or WD40 might still work, but I just wanted to clarify the sticker thing.

·
Registered
108 Posts
They are likely painted on, some sort of solvent may work, or you may want to try a mild rubbing compound. My Acerbis guards are Rally II, and the logo is molded and raised, not getting that off!!! I do know however (from personal experience) that the plastic on these things is pretty soft and any polishing you do will likely result in serious dulling of your guards!!!
Best of luck,
Aus,
Erik!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts