Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Seems to me there's been an extra effort this season ( here in the Detroit area anyway) regarding making the public aware of 'our' presence on the roads.

Julie thinks it just seems that way because now I'm a rider. But, I always knew you guys were out there....and I always made way for bikes.

Unfortunately, once again I am reminded of how insane it is to be on a bike these days (no, I'm a addict... I could never stop riding).
Why does it have to be the way it is? Is it because there are more distracted cagers or more bikes on the road now than in the past? I don't claim to know. Seems no one really cares...kinda sad really. Bloody shame.
I don't know.
But what I do know is that my friend 'The Mezz' ,
was broadsided this week by a cager pulling onto Woodward ave. Mez had the right of way.
He's 62. Been riding all his life and he rides a Harley police special.
Broken foot, leg in three places, hip, Hand, three surgeries so far and in less than 3 days.
He'll live.
Pretty cantankerous fellow.
He's the master electrician of one of the worlds premiere Opera Houses...the Detroit Opera House and knows more about stage electrics than any one if ever known. He has no family what so ever but for all of us who count our self's lucky to work in his department and be part of his world.
We are hanging our first opera of the season without our lord and master, and we're gonna do him proud.
Everyone's rising to the occasion, we all have our part to play. the show will go on but...
He's the Sorcerer and we are his apprentices.
And we all love him dearly.
'The Mezz' is one of the finest human beings I have ever know.
My Boss.
My mentor.
My friend.

So, if ya have some spare karma laying around...send it to Detroit. We sure would appreciated it.
...and, ride safe, each and every one of us.

OK...I'll shut up now.
Peace
Carl (stagehand 28)

Attachments

·
Registered
842 Posts
At least they can patch him togeather.

I was worried from the heading that it was going to be worse.

Say "Hi" to him from me

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At least they can patch him togeather.

I was worried from the heading that it was going to be worse.

Say "Hi" to him from me
Sorry to scare ya there and thanks all for the kindness and consideration.
Mezz is no spring chicken and so far all the kings men should be able to put him back together again. but ...that's an awful lot of healing for him to go through. time will tell.
just found out the driver does in fact have insurance so that's one worry gone.

·
Registered
192 Posts
im wondering what i got myself into when i started riding on the street 2 weeks ago..

almost got knocked off my bike on tuesday, and just this morning a tractor trailer almost took me out.

keep on your toes and manage the risk folks!

and i'll remember the mezz in my prayers. best of luck to him in his recovery!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Sorry about Mezz. Sounds like a great guy. Glad he'll live, but those injuries suck. Hopefully, we all know the risks of riding. The fear of crashing, being hit, injured or killed, keeps me on my toes. I don't want to leave my kids as orphans (my wife might not be so unhappy :joke:). Tell him we're thinking about him.

·
Registered
29 Posts
All my best for a full and speedy recovery to 'The Mezz'! I have a buddy recovering from an impact with a deer. All he remembers is seeing a flash of brown and waking up in the hospital. He's going to be alright too, long recovery though from 5 broken ribs, broken collar bone, broken shoulder...Already has plans to fix the bike and has been shopping for replacement gear.
I'm sure you and the crew will do Mezz proud at the Opera House...much respect to the electricians - my dad is a retired master electrician. Those who run the wires control the power! :clap:

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Thoughts & prayers to The Mezz!! And I hope for a speedy recovery! It's one thing to read about it online, or in the paper, it's something else when it's a friend.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Karma being sent your way!!
Good Luck to Mezz and hope for a speedy recovery!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Sorry to hear of such an awful thing. Best wishes and prayers to Mezz.
We all have to assume nobody is paying any attention out there when we ride.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Spare karma on its way.

Here's hoping for fast healing, limited pain and a bus load of cute nurses.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts