Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This kinda lets you see what you are paying for.. So on this bike its not really much that they do....

·
Super Moderator
1,479 Posts
I'd like to know what he was doing installing all the bits under the seat!
Looked like he was fitting the ECU, then all the bits that secure it and the rear top cowlings and [cough] pillion pad!

I know with some big bikes screens and mirrors have to be fitted, but most sports bikes are low and they all fit into the crate - the mirrors were folded forward for this one.

does make you queezy knowing how little they did to prep the bike and how much they charge you for THAT tank of petrol!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I think the prep fee on my Versys was $300, but the dealer waived it - without me even asking. The bike was a year old left-over, already with a factory discount, but I guess they wanted it sold. I happily obliged.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
I won't pay fees. If they want to charge them, I buy elsewhere or used.

Just bought a truck and the dealer wanted a $699 doc fee. I said NO WAY! It was hard printed on the form so they had to reduce the price another $699 to make up for it. Of course I knew I had them when there were so many vehicles on the lot that they had to park the overflow at the shopping mall across the street.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts