Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Performance Cycles in Shrewsbury, Ma. has a new '08 red V for $6199.00 plus $300.00 in free accessories. I shoulda waited.......

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Interesting...I contacted Performance Cycles last fall when I was looking for a bike and they were out of '08's and that Versi were sold out nationwide.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting...I contacted Performance Cycles last fall when I was looking for a bike and they were out of '08's and that Versi were sold out nationwide.

Hey Scott!
You know, I thought the same thing.....check out their web-page....

·
Registered
3 Posts
So is it safe to say that 5000 was a smokin' deal on an 08 with 2000 miles, not a blemish on it, givi hard cases, givi windshield, mirror extenders, and footpeg lowering kit? I think I lucked out, but that's probably from shopping for a bike in the winter when there was snow on the ground in the Northeast.

·
Registered
99 Posts
So is it safe to say that 5000 was a smokin' deal on an 08 with 2000 miles, not a blemish on it, givi hard cases, givi windshield, mirror extenders, and footpeg lowering kit? I think I lucked out, but that's probably from shopping for a bike in the winter when there was snow on the ground in the Northeast.
That's a good deal. There's another '08 Versys in the classifieds section here that's up for $5k. Has a handful of goodies with it and only ~800 miles.

There's also a dealer not too far from me that's advertising '09's for ~$5999.. though I'm a little suspicious of that..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Xooom What Part Of The Country Are You From? $5999 Is About $354.00 Below Dealer Cost On The Bike.i Don't Know Any Dealer That Could Survive Selling Bikes Below Their Cost.

·
Registered
3 Posts
otd

I paid $6004.30 otd for a new '08 in Conroe, TX. It was their last one. I know for a fact that Jeff Jordan at Mancuso in Houston, TX will blow out his 5 remaining '08s for $6150 otd. Get'em while they last folks! I wanted a greenie, but couldn't justify the delta----900 bucks buys a lot of extra stuff and the red looks great.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Xooom What Part Of The Country Are You From? $5999 Is About $354.00 Below Dealer Cost On The Bike.i Don't Know Any Dealer That Could Survive Selling Bikes Below Their Cost.
Florida. I suspect that the price is probably $5,999 + freight, admin fees, documentation fees, prep, etc.. making it come out to an average price of an '09..

·
Registered
11 Posts
HM

Local dealers here are asking $7099 for the '09. Up near Charlotte NC, there's a place...RPM Cycles I think... is asking $6499. if I can find a decent '08 before soon, I'll go with that. If not...it's off to NC I go.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Prices in Ohio

The prices for '09s near Cincy range from $6800 to $7099 plus tax, title license and documentation fee.

I hate documentation fees. When I buy from a private seller, we don't have no stinkin' documentation fees.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I paid $6004.30 otd for a new '08 in Conroe, TX. It was their last one. I know for a fact that Jeff Jordan at Mancuso in Houston, TX will blow out his 5 remaining '08s for $6150 otd. Get'em while they last folks! I wanted a greenie, but couldn't justify the delta----900 bucks buys a lot of extra stuff and the red looks great.

This is absolutely a loss for the dealer....all the way past holdback and everything! Totally NUTS :eek:

·
Registered
40 Posts
The prices for '09s near Cincy range from $6800 to $7099 plus tax, title license and documentation fee.

I hate documentation fees. When I buy from a private seller, we don't have no stinkin' documentation fees.

That is because when you buy from a private seller, you are doing all of your own paperwork @ the DMV, etc...

·
Registered
257 Posts
Don't forget guys, that with the economic slowdown, dealers are going under, manufacturers are gettin new product back from those dealers and giving a price reduction to other dealers to take returned stock. When I worked for a dealer back in the mid 80's, we used to go down to the Kuhne and Nagel warehouse and pick up returned, pre-assembled units for a discount and then the shop passed the savings onto the customer while still making full margin.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Local dealers here are asking $7099 for the '09. Up near Charlotte NC, there's a place...RPM Cycles I think... is asking $6499. if I can find a decent '08 before soon, I'll go with that. If not...it's off to NC I go.
I hear ya! I waited and waited for the green '09 I had been saving for......then bought a slightly used '08 for $4500 this week. The $2500 savings sure makes the red look good and will buy lots of farkles.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Just close on an 08 with 1100 miles on it. Dealer certified with warranty. Hard side cases, Vario windshield, low gel seat. Price was $5600. Somehow here in CO deals on these bikes are hard to come by.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Gotta remember Gents, its now illegal to sell bikes or atv's to anyone under 13 and that includes parts, helmets etc. With the economy sucking gas this really hurt the dealers, hard. So they are probably scrambling just to keep the rent paid imho

1 - 20 of 28 Posts