Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
WTF have tornadoes got to do with ...
General Kawasaki Versys Discussions For discussions on anything and everything related to the Kawasaki Versys.

mebbe its just me, perhaps I got out of bed the wrong side this morning.. :)

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
There are members who live in Alabama and all across the South...hope they are all safe and sound.

·
Registered
246 Posts
173 deaths reported across 5 states and the number is sure to climb. It's terrible. God be with the families affected.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I live in Knoxville, TN. We were up till midnight getting hit with storm cell after storm cell. Luckily we only got minimal wind and hail damage and my privacy fence looks like a slinky. The guys in Alabama got the worst of it. Georgia didn't fair too well either. I've got a warehouse we pick up from regularly in Ringgold, GA that got hit pretty bad. From what I've been told the whole town of Ringgold is devastated. Minimum travel, looks like a war zone. Apparently this particular storm cell that had all the tornadoes traveled 300+ miles... wow... Prayers to all.

·
Registered
764 Posts
these are things we get hit with every year in the south. Just a couple years ago a tornado ripped through enterprise AL and killed over a hundred.

The thing that gets me is that they had the tornado sirens on since sunday, hardly anyone took shelter and so many people were killed. I believe its because tornados are so common there that people get callused to them and since they havent been hit yet they dont think its a big deal. Also, I believe that the trailer parks that it hit might have been far enough away from the city to not here them.

what is so weird is that, all homes have basements up here in philly. But when i was back home in Ga, i dont think i saw a single house with any underground storage or shelter or anything.

I can remember tornado sirens going off and people just acting normal, going about their business. It just like up north when you have a snow storm, you know that Feb and March are gonna be blizzards; around this time is when we get all the twisters in the south. It is just really unfortunate that it got so many people.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts