Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Owing to the recent cold spell (UK), the V was under wraps for some time. A few days ago, thought I'd take it out for a spin to warm it up and charge the battery, however, the battery was low upon starting and I decided to give it a booster start with those mobile battery packs. In trying to hurry things up, I inadvertantly reversed the polarity connections on the battery resulting in a 'spark' at the terminals. I quickly disconnected and all appeared fine except that all the electrics on the bike went dead!
In view that the battery was low, I put it on trickle charge overnight. In the interim, I checked all the fuses which appeared OK. I also checked the main fuse (green 30A) next to the starter relay which was also Ok but I changed it with the new one. However, with the battery fully charged (12.2V reading on voltmeter), I reconnected the wiring but it is still in "all electrics dead" mode. No horn, no lights, no nothing!
Fuses are OK unless I missed one 'hidden' somewhere!
Any suggestions as to what the problem may be?:confused:
It is a 2007 ABS model V.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
It is worth the time and trouble to download the manual, it will take you thru a troubleshooting procedure that should help. Good luck, it's probably a fuse, or at worst a burned wire. On the otherhand, the manual does say to remove the battery before charging, to avoid damaging the ECU.
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2846

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
After you have charged it (12.8v is on the money), just for grins, check the non-battery end of the ground wire, make sure its secure and not corroded. This will stop a battery charging correctly or holding a charge.

Machog

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:)
All sorted. It was the main fuse.
Battery ok as well, charging fine.
Thanks for tips.:thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts