Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for posting. I had ordered the relay and outlet off of Amazon last week and was looking for a video like this.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Another happy outlet installer here. The videos were a lot better than the instructions. It took 20 minutes and one Modelo to do it. To all who posted, thanks. I’m really enjoying the Versys 650.

·
Premium Member
7,897 Posts
Another happy outlet installer here. The videos were a lot better than the instructions. It took 20 minutes and one Modelo to do it. To all who posted, thanks. I’m really enjoying the Versys 650.

ENJOY YOUR RIDE AND BE SAFE.:smile2:

·
Premium Member
9,216 Posts
The How To Forum

FYI both video's are in the How To Forum, along with many other excellent posts, sort of one stop shopping for info, alphabetical ! It is now 10 pages long.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I did this last summer. now I gotta choke the $$ for the LED lights.
weird is once that relay is in it also enables the LED lighting.

I do want to add the service manual, need to remember that. for the 2018.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good lord, what kind of monster still makes videos in portrait mode. 😉

Just kidding, of course. Bookmarked for when I do this mod.
LOL! I made this on my phone. First video I've filmed in probably 5+ years! I may invest in a camera if I make more vids. That, or hold the phone sideways!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
LOL! I made this on my phone. First video I've filmed in probably 5+ years! I may invest in a camera if I make more vids. That, or hold the phone sideways!!
Totally just banter, mate! I'm actually referring back to your video today, because I'm installing a USB charger/voltage meter. Thanks again for posting it - super helpful.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Trying to install on my 2016. Problem: i already have something plugged into the bullet connectors. I have oxford heated grips and the kawasaki spot lights installed on the bike from the previous owner and they used the bullet connectors. Can I buy a y harness or is there something else in the front of the bike I can use to connect to for power, or do I need to run a new line from the battery?

·
Registered
2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 SE
20 Posts
Trying to install on my 2016. Problem: i already have something plugged into the bullet connectors. I have oxford heated grips and the kawasaki spot lights installed on the bike from the previous owner and they used the bullet connectors. Can I buy a y harness or is there something else in the front of the bike I can use to connect to for power, or do I need to run a new line from the battery?
With all the other stuff running on the existing circuit, if it were me I would be running new cables back to the battery with an inline fuse. Keep in mind it will remain on even when the bike is switched off, so be careful not to leave anything plugged in to the outlet when the bikes not running.

·
Registered
29 Posts
With all the other stuff running on the existing circuit, if it were me I would be running new cables back to the battery with an inline fuse. Keep in mind it will remain on even when the bike is switched off, so be careful not to leave anything plugged in to the outlet when the bikes not running.
I'd add a second fuse block and power that off of a 40 amp relay. I'd fuse the whole block with a 30 amp fuse as close to the battery as reasonably possible. That adds only one new connection to the battery positive. Then I'd trigger that relay with "key on" power off the bikes wiring. Probably the marker lights. I'd fuse that relay input with a 5 amp fuse. Then I'd power all my new aftermarket "add ons" off the new fuse block. You're going to add more stuff so why not prepare for it now? I'd look at a 4 to six fuse block and get my needed grounds on the frame NOT THE FORKS.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts