Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is a couple of snaps of my ride today. Mount Cook is about 200km or 125miles from where i live, NZ tallest mountain. Could not get a photo of the peak as cloud rolled in. On the way to the mount cook village you go past two hyrdo storage lakes, lake Tekapo and Pukaki which is brilliant twisty and windy road around the lakes.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,782 Posts
Hi kiwi 41.

Beautiful counrty side images, enjoy your ride:interesting:
Trust you have a good time out on you ride.

:cheers:

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep but was raining lightly when we left but once we got over burkes pass which is 70km down the road the sun came out all the way to mount cook but the wind on the way back was very very strong, bike on a heck of a lean as wind blowing sideways. On a 180km ride tommorow with a bike riding group called the bronze club to hand out choclate easter eggs to familys who don't have much in advance of our easter celebrations

·
Registered
273 Posts
I was there about 11 years ago, but all I saw was lots of rain, from both sides of Mt. Cook. Maybe some day I will get a chance to get back and see Mt. Cook and if I could go on a Motorbike it would be even better.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was there about 11 years ago, but all I saw was lots of rain, from both sides of Mt. Cook. Maybe some day I will get a chance to get back and see Mt. Cook and if I could go on a Motorbike it would be even better.
I was up there a month ago and took my 16 year old son for a ride and it was beautiful, hot and blue sky's and you guessed it no camera

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi Guys,
I'm from Nelson, done Mount Cook in 2006 in a motorhome, will looking at going back there soon on the V this time, probably with the Ulysses club if I can drum up enough interest.
Gary

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was in Timaru last year today and was on rented BMW R1150GS. I really enjoyed NZ since my 1st vacation there in 2005. Last year supposed to be the 1st of annual road trip for me and my buddy but this year we decided to hold back the trip due to economical issue and my mother in law gotta go on vacation will get stuck helping the wife with kids.

bummmer!!!

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was in Timaru last year today and was on rented BMW R1150GS. I really enjoyed NZ since my 1st vacation there in 2005. Last year supposed to be the 1st of annual road trip for me and my buddy but this year we decided to hold back the trip due to economical issue and my mother in law gotta go on vacation will get stuck helping the wife with kids.

bummmer!!!

Where are you from?

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Rather than start a different thread will tack on to my own here. This is the first time my wife Keri had taken her cruiser to mount cook and she also invited a friend of hers Christine (who i took as a pillion), we went off to see a young horse riding buddy of Keri's that works at a high end restaurant at mount cook village called Milly. It was a beautiful day in middle earth as temps well above 25 Celsius only complaint was strong hot nor west winds blowing me on my side for some of the journey from tekapo to Mt Cook but Keri's cruiser had no problems, had my top box on as well as a passenger which do not help.
First shot preparing to leave home

First stop drinks break at lake Tekapo

Having a meal at MT Cook cafe, spag bol

Mount Cook on a glorious day

You will notice my wife Keri is given the thumbs down as she was going to ride the V back part of the way and her friend is giving thumbs up as she was going on back of cruiser.

Changed back bikes here as girls had a yap

Keri's friend sitting on the black beast

Stopped by lake pukaki on way back for final photo

·
Premium Member
7,782 Posts
Nice one buddy and trust you enjoyed the ride.

So last picture should have been the food, looks like we are getting a trend here-Ride & Good Food.-LOL

Merry Christmas & Happy New year to all.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Spectacular photos. Amazing countryside, good looking group of Kiwis, and an interesting (??) looking lunch. Going to have to make it a priority to visit Middle Earth one of these days.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Nice one buddy and trust you enjoyed the ride.

So last picture should have been the food, looks like we are getting a trend here-Ride & Good Food.-LOL

Merry Christmas & Happy New year to all.

stlee29 gave me the idea about pic of food, it was good spaghetti bolognaise as it filled the gap. Here to good riding and good food :cheers:

·
Registered
24 Posts
awsome scenery... nice ride mate. nice tribute to Sir Edmund Hillary in one of your photos.. now folks can go google him to see why thats important. :). will have to get you over here for a long ride with us one day.. after i get the first one under my belt in june !

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
awsome scenery... nice ride mate. nice tribute to Sir Edmund Hillary in one of your photos.. now folks can go google him to see why thats important. :). will have to get you over here for a long ride with us one day.. after i get the first one under my belt in june !
Yep will keep you to that, will be in malaysia end of june but north america is next on my to do list.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts